Dogma f8 crack

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
markyboy
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Bristol uk

by markyboy

As per title f8 crack on non drive side chainstay,it looks like just the paint but after only half a dozen rides and only 4 months old i would like a replacement.
I have spoken to the shop i bought it from and sent them the pics and they said they will look into it,i persume they need to contact pinarello.
Image
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

AJS914
Posts: 2005
Joined: Tue Jan 28, 2014 6:52 pm

by AJS914

It looks like residue from where a sticker was removed. Do you need a ridge with fingernail?

User avatar
TonyM
Posts: 2179
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm

by TonyM

Doen’t look like a crack to me on that pic.
Can you see the carbon?

markyboy
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Bristol uk

by markyboy

AJS914 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:09 pm
It looks like residue from where a sticker was removed. Do you need a ridge with fingernail?
If you run your fingernail over it you can feel the ridge
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

User avatar
jekyll man
Posts: 1360
Joined: Wed Apr 25, 2007 10:23 am
Location: Pack filler

by jekyll man

Try wiping it with wd40.

It does look like sticker residue as mentioned above. It even looks like a rectangle with my bad eyes.
Official cafe stop tester

avispa
Posts: 159
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:36 am

by avispa

markyboy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 pm
...f8 crack on non drive side chainstay...
Image
By the looks of the paint quaility on your picture, it almost looks like a Chinese copy! Not sure if what you have is color scheme 685, but that silver surely looks cheap! Do you have a serail number and registered the bike at pinarello.com?
If so, you may be in good luck!

User avatar
TonyM
Posts: 2179
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm

by TonyM

Yes now that you have pointed it, the print looks indeed like a sticker and like a Chinese fake Pinarello. The Dogma is certainly the most copied fake bike sold worldwide. If you buy a Dogma you should only buy it from a certified Pinarello dealer!


If it is really a genuine Dogma then the quality of this frame is not really good in terms of paint.

markyboy
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Bristol uk

by markyboy

avispa wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 2:34 pm
markyboy wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 7:22 pm
...f8 crack on non drive side chainstay...
Image
By the looks of the paint quaility on your picture, it almost looks like a Chinese copy! Not sure if what you have is color scheme 685, but that silver surely looks cheap! Do you have a serail number and registered the bike at pinarello.com?
If so, you may be in good luck!
Yes i have a serial number and yes its been registered with pinarello,the photo is a poor one to be honest as the bike in the flesh is stunning paintwork.
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

leandrofresh
Posts: 30
Joined: Mon Jul 13, 2015 12:45 am

by leandrofresh

I would like to see more pictures. Isn't it a chain protector sticker?

Can you hear cracks or noises while you ride?

2old4this
Posts: 327
Joined: Mon Jan 13, 2014 7:26 am

by 2old4this

markyboy wrote:
Sat May 19, 2018 5:14 am
AJS914 wrote:
Fri May 18, 2018 8:09 pm
It looks like residue from where a sticker was removed. Do you need a ridge with fingernail?
If you run your fingernail over it you can feel the ridge
To me, it looks like a crack where two carbon tubes are connected (otherwise, it is just too coincidental to be nearly flat paintcrack perpendicular to the chaintay. :noidea: )

fh8425
Posts: 140
Joined: Fri Dec 04, 2015 3:20 pm

by fh8425

IMO it does look like a sticker edge to me. I check mine, it like this

Image

Hope it can help you.

markyboy
Posts: 653
Joined: Wed Dec 29, 2010 10:22 pm
Location: Bristol uk

by markyboy

Its defo not sticker edge,i have contacted pinarello just waiting to hear from them.
COLNAGO C60 SUPER RECORD EPS
Pinarello f8 sram etap
Eddy merckx 69 ultegra disc winter bike

Bridgeman
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:04 am
Location: USA
Contact:

by Bridgeman

Have you done the tap test? Take a coin and tap around and over the line, including the opposite side.

I had a near identical situation to yours and my LBS did this and the various and distinct sounds yielded by this procedure was enought for them to send the frame back to the manufacturer. They deemed it was cracked and the frame was replaced.

User avatar
TonyM
Posts: 2179
Joined: Thu Jan 22, 2015 4:11 pm

by TonyM

Bridgeman wrote:Have you done the tap test? Take a coin and tap around and over the line, including the opposite side.

I had a near identical situation to yours and my LBS did this and the various and distinct sounds yielded by this procedure was enought for them to send the frame back to the manufacturer. They deemed it was cracked and the frame was replaced.
Was it a F8? How old and how many Kilometers on it?

Bridgeman
Posts: 644
Joined: Wed Jan 12, 2005 6:04 am
Location: USA
Contact:

by Bridgeman

TonyM wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 6:20 am
Bridgeman wrote:Have you done the tap test? Take a coin and tap around and over the line, including the opposite side.

I had a near identical situation to yours and my LBS did this and the various and distinct sounds yielded by this procedure was enought for them to send the frame back to the manufacturer. They deemed it was cracked and the frame was replaced.
Was it a F8? How old and how many Kilometers on it?
It was not an F8. My frame was within warranty so the replacement went smoothly.

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post