Best brake hydraulic line disconnect option

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

hustlehard285

by hustlehard285

Hey everyone

Waiting on my new sworks tarmac disc to get in (hopefully any day now) and I'm building it up with etap Hydro. I travel alot with my bike in a case (Oru Ninja Case) and need to be able to remove the fork and stash it. My superx cx bike has the connectamajig (yes that's actually what they're called) that allow the lines to be disconnected, but the etap groupset I bought doesnt have them. Anyone have and suggestions on a coupling or something that I can put in my front hydro line to allow for quick disconnects and no bleeding when reconnected?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

hustlehard285

by hustlehard285

No one has any input on this?

zmjones

by zmjones

i don't have one of the connectors but i use the same case and made my line and steerer just short enough that i can get the fork out without disconnecting anything. it is only a tiny bit noticeable.

ooo

by ooo

shimano have j-kit connectors, but I am not sure if you can use shimano hydraulic hoses with dot fluid
'

hustlehard285

by hustlehard285

zmjones wrote:
Mon May 21, 2018 10:15 pm
i don't have one of the connectors but i use the same case and made my line and steerer just short enough that i can get the fork out without disconnecting anything. it is only a tiny bit noticeable.
Unfortunately my new frame has the front brake cable internally routed, and getting that fork all the way to the back of the bike probably wont work

dfischer1

by dfischer1

I don't use the fork pocket in my Orucase - I put the fork "inside" the main triangle. Try that and see if it works with the tubing length. I also heard under the downtube works.

hustlehard285

by hustlehard285

dfischer1 wrote:
Tue May 22, 2018 12:45 am
I don't use the fork pocket in my Orucase - I put the fork "inside" the main triangle. Try that and see if it works with the tubing length. I also heard under the downtube works.
Ahh good suggestion. That might be the ticket

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com