Sitting Unevenly on Your Saddle? A Solution for Hip Asymmetry

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

If you have always been having issues sitting evenly on your saddle, this article may help:

https://medium.com/@meld3d/a-tale-of-pe ... bc9b6fa6d4

It's about the experience of a cyclist who worked with his PT and Meld to diagnose the root cause of his saddle discomfort (hip asymmetry), then building a saddle to address the asymmetry.

northwestern

by northwestern

or you could jut go to a chiropractor and get a hip alignment

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

northwestern wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 5:52 pm
or you could jut go to a chiropractor and get a hip alignment
I think Ken, the guy in the article, tried that sort of thing with his PT but it didn't work out.

coresare

by coresare

antonioiglesius I cant PM on my account. But thanks for your sour message after I deleted my own comment prior.

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

coresare wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 8:07 pm
antonioiglesius I cant PM on my account. But thanks for your sour message after I deleted my own comment prior.
This is the deleted message from coresare, and my PM response. I really wanted to say that I find your comment disgusting and spiteful: there are people working hard to make our quality of life better, and trying to make the solution more readily available to those with the same issue, and yet you commented without reading the article based on some bias you apparently have. I will not be commenting further on this.
antonioiglesius wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:45 pm
coresare wrote:
Wed May 16, 2018 6:24 pm
So instead of making the carbon saddle fit his asymmetrical anatomy, they just put more padding on one side.. for a company whose selling point is 3d scanning an imprint it seems like they could have taken it up a notch.
Meld discussed their approach in the article, if you took the time to read it.

One of the Meld guys pointed me to a discussion on your situation on RoadBikeReview. Are you still using the bike that's too big for you? It's not healthy. Why the continued anger against them?
Last edited by antonioiglesius on Wed May 16, 2018 8:23 pm, edited 1 time in total.

coresare

by coresare

[deleted quote, please do not quote the post above]

I emailed you since that's the only way I can respond to your PM. But I admit I didn't read thoroughly the article about why they chose to use padding instead. Once I read it I deleted my post, but you already got the notification of my original post. I don't have any anger towards them, and now you are just perpetuating this.

Their saddle simply didn't feel comfortable for me and I expressed my experience with them on the roadbikereview forum which I did not do spite them. They are insisting my bike is too big and implying this is ..the sole cause of me not liking the saddle. I'm 5'7 and the reach on my Cervelo is 378 which is hardly too big. Top tube is 548mm which is too long depending on how you ride, but I got a 0 offset seatpost to correct this. A fitter was the one who suggested this size at the shop also. Even if I sit as far back as possible on the bike with my thighs hitting the wings of the saddle I didn't like it which no bike size will change.

You are using snide comments such as are you still riding a bike that is too big and it's not healthy for me... are you a fitter?

I switched to a Shimano PRO Stealth saddle and still use it and it's been working well for me on the same bike.

I really didn't want to spread any negativity which is why I quickly deleted my original post, but you choose to perpetuate it.

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

Coresare/John Hwe:

Meld has already laid out the analysis in the RoadBikeReview forum. I went there to look up your feedback on the saddle when you managed to sit on the spot the saddle was designed for, the following are your own words:

"When I'm sitting upright with hands on the hoods it feels great. It feels like the saddle is supporting the sit bones directly underneath instead of slightly on the inside like almost all other saddles. I feel I usually have to scoot back until I feel the wings just hit my thighs and then sit down to get into that sweet spot."

It seems you chose to lie about your experience on the RoadBikeReview forum, was called out by Meld, then you're lying about it again here.

I'm not going to rehash all the analysis Meld and other folks on RoadBikeReview made, interested folks can read them at
http://forums.roadbikereview.com/genera ... ost5200022
Last edited by antonioiglesius on Fri May 18, 2018 8:52 am, edited 1 time in total.

antonioiglesius

by antonioiglesius

Back to the thread...

When diagnosing and resolving similar issues faced by Ken in the article, please consult a physical therapist. NOT a bike fitter. PTs are properly trained, whereas my opinion of bike fitters in general are sinking below ground level...

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

kavitator

by kavitator

And do walking in forest and stablizing exerisses

cycling is like being in water - body stabilization muscles doesnt work - and you get assimetry in musslecs and body posture