revoloop review? feedback?

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
richard@lbrc.org

by richard@lbrc.org

Hi,

It's been 8 weeks and 1,000km+ since I last wrote. My revoloops are as good as new, holding air nicely, still feeling fast.

I am slightly paranoid about puncturing them - because I'm not sure how to mend them, and they are pretty expensive.

I think they are perfect race day tubes, or special event tubes, rather then everyday commuting around city streets with glass or country lanes with flint chippings.

They were brilliant for our week in the alps, and worth every penny on those days.

R.

by Weenie

Hex

by Hex

richard@lbrc.org wrote: ↑
Wed Sep 19, 2018 7:36 pm
Hi,

It's been 8 weeks and 1,000km+ since I last wrote. My revoloops are as good as new, holding air nicely, still feeling fast.

I am slightly paranoid about puncturing them - because I'm not sure how to mend them, and they are pretty expensive.

I think they are perfect race day tubes, or special event tubes, rather then everyday commuting around city streets with glass or country lanes with flint chippings.

They were brilliant for our week in the alps, and worth every penny on those days.

R.
Thanks for your reply! From what i read (the few bits available online) they seem to be not supple on the road. Sort of a butyl/hard feel. Is that right?

TiCass

by TiCass

What about rolling resistance?
If its harder, I would assume it means more rolling resistance, so not that good!?

richard@lbrc.org

by richard@lbrc.org

I would say they feel harder than latex, but they are so much lighter. Difficult balance. To me they feel faster, not sure what a lab would say. Going back to latex certainly my feels slower. I didn't really much about with pressure (I am 75kg, run 8bar in my tyres}. plenty of room to adjust I guess.

Interested to hear what others think.

R.

Hex

by Hex

richard@lbrc.org wrote: ↑
Thu Sep 20, 2018 8:54 pm
I would say they feel harder than latex, but they are so much lighter. Difficult balance. To me they feel faster, not sure what a lab would say. Going back to latex certainly my feels slower. I didn't really much about with pressure (I am 75kg, run 8bar in my tyres}. plenty of room to adjust I guess.

Interested to hear what others think.

R.
Zero updates from others! :D

I am still tempted, but I'm gonna be stocking up on Vredestein Latex tubes soon.
I went back to latex and some cotton casings and...man. What a feel.
Def worth the loss of air overnight.
Compared to tubeless... it's just so much nicer.