Need sizing help for De Rosa SK Pininfarina frameset

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Hey guys,

I currently have a Bianchi Oltre XR4, size 50, with a Vision Metron 5D integrated bar/100mm stem. The bike fits me perfectly. Other bikes that suit me great are my size S TCR SL, 100mm stem), and Specialized Allez DSW Smartweld, size 52, 100mm stem.
I've attached a pic of the geometry of the two bikes. Thanks!
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-05-13 at 2.27.43 PM.png
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

alcatraz

by alcatraz

I'm not a fitter but it looks like the two sizes you already selected are the closest (how well do you trust these numbers?). The new bike has 15mm greater stack so I have to ask you about your current stem.

If it's slammed and running a -7 degree angle lets say you are going to have a problem because the new bike is 15mm taller there. You might have to resort to buying a one size smaller frame or get a steeper angle stem.

If your stem is not slammed or doesn't have a steep negative angle then congratulations. Your new bike should fit and look great at the same time.

The integrated bar/stem will most likely not work well unless you have the ability to drop 15mm worth of spacers. The 5mm reach difference will not be an issue because as you drop spacers you also move forward a little.

With integrated bars/stem you can do some microadjustment (hoods) by moving your shifters forward/back a bit.

/a

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

I ended up ordering the 50cm in blue. Really excited to see the final bike build. Thanks for the info!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt