Removing Campagnolo EPS cables

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

liam7020

by liam7020

I want to remove the Record EPS groupset on my Tarmac SL6 and replace it with a SRAM Etap mini group. I want do this with minium fuss so does anyone if it's possible to remove the EPS battery from the seat tube without having to knock out the BB bearings? Will the cables have room to slide past the plastic sleeve that's installed to prevent rub on the crank axle? Ta.
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

I guess it depends on the size of the BB shell and surrounding area. I just stripped one of my C59s and I had to remove the plastic sleeve and thus one of the BB cups (the potential frame buyer wants them left in) in order to safely pull the cables out.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

liam7020

by liam7020

Mockenrue wrote:
Fri May 11, 2018 12:19 pm
I guess it depends on the size of the BB shell and surrounding area. I just stripped one of my C59s and I had to remove the plastic sleeve and thus one of the BB cups (the potential frame buyer wants them left in) in order to safely pull the cables out.
Yep, I thinking that might be the case with the Tarmac too. I'd like to avoid it if I can!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Well, if you’re ready to go with the eTap group then you may as well just try it and see, and hope there’s enough room and/or the end doesn’t get jammed as it tries to make its way around the spindle/sleeve. I’m not familiar enough with the Tarmac shell to know for sure if there’s enough clearance. But if it works, great. If not, then you’re going to have to remove the BB. Since you’re going to have to remove the EPS stuff regardless, its an easy thing to just try first. It’ll either work or it won’t.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ