A little help from Colnago Owners

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

avispa

by avispa

I have a friend that owns a C60 and was involved on a wreck last weekend. I have found out that is virtually impossible to order a fork from Colnago USA. I have access to a unused C59 fork. These are my questions:

1) Can a C59 fork work on a C60? I noticed a slight shape difference in the fork blades and the fork crown on the C60 was built on the steerer tube from carbon.
2) If a C59 fork will not work, where can one order a C60 fork?
3) Will a C64 fork with a C60?

Thanks in advance!

A

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Short answer: probably not, due to the crown race as you note. There may be some overlap, as in some of the early C60's may have still used a separate crown race as opposed to one molded into the fork steerer. So, check to see if the C60 has a molded crown race or separate steel or split alloy crown race (rereading your post it appears it's molded into the steertube). The C59 will most surely have the alloy crown race (trying to remember if the very last run of C59's had switched some or not, but I don't think they did), especially since some of the early C60's still had the non-molded steertube.

I suspect you're going to be out of luck with trying to use the C59 fork, but seriously... Colnago USA can't get you a new fork for a C60? I would certainly think that they're available, maybe not in the exact paint of choice, but you could always maybe get one painted to match if you could at least get one.

A C64 fork will not work either as they altered the axle to crown length etc. While the fork will fit in the headtube, it would change the geometry of the bike significantly. #ColnagoChopper.

Other than from Colnago directly I'm not sure where you would get one, other than maybe advertising for one in the forums in hopes that maybe someone ruined their frame but had a good fork to get rid of. I once traded a Carbon Star fork off my destroyed C50 for a pair of top shelf Sidi shoes, since the bike shop had a Colnago frame that was missing that fork, and a ready customer to buy it, but obviously not without the fork. I only knew because I ran into the eventual customer out riding and he was saying how he wanted to buy this colnago but it didn't have a fork. I knew the shop, so I took them the fork and traded for some shoes. They called the customer and everyone was happy in the end.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

chunky666

by chunky666

could maybe reach out to a european shop and see if they can get one for you and then get it shipped maybe via a WW member?

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

It seemed very odd to me that you said it is virtually impossible to order a new fork from Colnago USA. I just got off the phone with them and brought this up. They said of course you could order a new fork, just go to your dealer and start the process. Same as I or anyone else would have to do if we busted our fork.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

wilwil

by wilwil

He will probably have to wait a year though...

moonoi

by moonoi

wilwil wrote:
Wed May 09, 2018 7:43 am
He will probably have to wait a year though...
...but that's part of the charm of owning a Colnago :wink:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

nestornnk

by nestornnk

You can order a fork painted to match the frame and you should expect it in about 6 weeks,cost should be around 400euros