LW Meilenstein 24 braketrack

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Somebody has some information/review of the new LW Meilenstein braketrack?
I'm a carbon clincher wheel of guy.
I changed to Campagnolo Bora wheels with their new AC3 braketrack as the older LW Meilenstein braking was a hell in wet condition.
With their new wider rim profile, there supposed to be a new braketrack too.
Anybody has any information?
(And yess I have a disc equipped bike too and yes braking is much better blablalbla...)

alcatraz

by alcatraz

Campagnolo bora wheels are sometimes the benchmark for carbon rim braking. You most probably won't get that performance.

Do you need it to be just as good?

/a

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

bruno2000

by bruno2000

According to LW the performance in braking in the rain is on par with braking in dry conditions.

moyboy

by moyboy

Hard to believe that it's on par with dry conditions. Smells of marketing speak. There is always some degradation of braking in the wet no matter what you use as the pads need to wipe away the rain before engaging.

Beaver

by Beaver

Brake track looks nearly the same, so no texture or "drilling" like Enve, Zipp or Campa - the CFK-structure is more heat resistant they say...

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

If they actually did claim that “braking in the rain is on par with braking in dry conditions”, then they have sunk to new levels of deception, or their braking in the dry is really really bad. Of course I’ll eat my words if I try them and find that is actually true, but I think I’m pretty safe on that front for now.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

MyM3Coupe

by MyM3Coupe

Lol!! Anything Carbonsports is making is light years behind Campagnolo. It’s laughable for sure. How they are in business after the ‘90s is amazing.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

I will have to correct myself. My apologies.
LW is claiming "◾Exceptional braking performance in both, dry and wet conditions"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com