SRM PC8 and water

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

I’ve been waiting for official confirmation on that. Specifically, I wanted to know if the new 12sp rings would fit on their current Campy 4arm SRM, and if the spacing between them is exactly the same as on a new stock 12sp crank. Sounds like they fit, but I still want official confirmation on the spacing between the rings once installed. That’s good news if it all works with a simple replacement of the rings, although availability of those rings separately from the crankset may be a ways out, and very expensive no doubt. It’s not like Campy chainrings have ever been cheap.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Yeah.. rings are always hard to find... in fact it would probably be almost cheaper (and faster) just to buy the whole group and snarf the rings off the crankset.... then you've got a spare set of bearings as well..

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

avispa

by avispa

Calnago wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 10:59 pm
I’ve been waiting for official confirmation on that. Specifically, I wanted to know if the new 12sp rings would fit on their current Campy 4arm SRM, and if the spacing between them is exactly the same as on a new stock 12sp crank. Sounds like they fit, but I still want official confirmation on the spacing between the rings once installed. That’s good news if it all works with a simple replacement of the rings, although availability of those rings separately from the crankset may be a ways out, and very expensive no doubt. It’s not like Campy chainrings have ever been cheap.
At the risk of making this thread go the worng way (it's about PC8 and water, right? - not Campy chainring compatibility) I will say this:

I was officially told that the 12 speed rings WILL NOT work with the current 11 speed crank arms! Now, one thing is an official answer vs what we as users will or will not do. For instance, I have been needing 54T, 42T and 44T rings for my 4 bolt Campy SRMs. I have found them on eBay many times and actually Campy USA was kind enough to locate the special bolts and spacers needed to use these. So, perhaps the same will happen with 12 speed. By the way, have never had a problem locating standard rings, these are generally stocked by the big USA distributors.

One thing is certain, unless Campy develops a smaller cassette, such as 11x23, I would have no need to upgrade to 12 speed.