Zipp Service Course SL-70 Ergo Handlebar?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Catagory6

by Catagory6

the specs look exactly like what i want, but i'm seeing 2 different styles under the same exact brand/model.
some pictures show a traditional bend to the drops, and others show the anatomical bend in the drops.
also, pictures show a flat-ish shape to the top part, but descriptions indicate its round

can someone clue me in?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DJT21

by DJT21

I bought some about three years ago, based partly on the round drops. When they arrived, they had the anatomical bends (only slight, but noticeable).

I sold them and bought some Ritchey Neo Classics.

Pro Vibe rounds are also worth a look.

TwiggyTN

by TwiggyTN

Dude, the Zipp bar specs are a mess. It's like every year they change them. It's almost like their hub designs.

The Richey Neo Classics are my new favorite bar, in AL of course.

Sent from my SM-N920V using Tapatalk

Catagory6

by Catagory6

i like the ergonomic bend

i'm also seeing different weights: 260g and 306g, and even different aluminum alloys: 6061, and 7075. Looks like there's also the "SL" model and the non-"SL" model. and as far as i can tell, descriptions and specs are completely mixed up between the two models.

Fiery

by Fiery

Looking at the Zipp website, I see three shape variations of the 70 bar - Aero, Ergo and the standard one - and three different series with different materials and weights - Service Course, SL and Service Course SL. Perhaps check the official site for more details on each of those variations? All the information over there seems quite clear to me.

Regarding the round 70 bar, Zipp had a major update in handlebar shapes several years ago. At this time they changed the 70 from something similar to modern round bars (think Neoclassic) into the semi-ergo shape it now has.

corky

by corky

Why can’t they use a year in their nomenclature?....... eg. SL7017. SL7018 etc...... it really is confusing and even if it’s clear on the Zipp website it certainly isn’t when it comes to buying them.......wrong pictures, wrong descriptions etc etc.

It has put me off buying them as you’re unsure wh5 you’re actually getting.

New model?....New name

xcnick

by xcnick

If you order some now you’ll get an anotomical bend but not like that of the early 2000’s! I think they traditional bend that you’re seeing in the pics was the old CSL bar so the pic hasn’t been updated.

The ergo bit is the flat egg shaped top.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com