Lightweight computer mount suggestion for Extralite stem

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Check the faceplate on the extralite stem. If there is a flat area where the bolts mount ie doesn't go straight into a curve you could use a fetha mount. But due to the conical base of the extralite bolts would need convex washers, long ti m4 bolts ( i woild recommend torx for ti in this size head) and ideally a shim for the bolt hole to take it from 5mm id to 4mm id ( essentially cut a thin brass tube to length). If keen i have links to washers and bolts as i used the same for my homemade mcfk mount.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

kerplunk

by kerplunk

On a lark I bought a $2 (shipped) unbranded bar mount out front garmin mount from Ebay. Surprisingly, it is very good and feels very sturdy - even has a brass insert for the screw and it weighs just 16g. I've loaded it up with a small phone and extended battery hanging under and it refused to budge.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

coresare

by coresare

Lelandjt wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 6:16 am
coresare wrote:
Mon May 07, 2018 5:24 am
Hi does anyone know of an out front computer mount that would fit onto the bolts of the Extralite Hyperstem? If not what is the lightest handlebar mount?
Why not the little plastic ring mount that comes with a Garmin? Seems the lightest and you already own it. Why the love for the out front mounts? They look geeky to me.
In all seriousness.. it's easier to glance at while in a riding position. Also looks sleeker not being on top of the stem, almost hidden by the bars. More aero and I actually usually grab the stem to push the bike around..😄

coresare

by coresare

NiFTY wrote:
Thu May 17, 2018 10:56 am
Check the faceplate on the extralite stem. If there is a flat area where the bolts mount ie doesn't go straight into a curve you could use a fetha mount. But due to the conical base of the extralite bolts would need convex washers, long ti m4 bolts ( i woild recommend torx for ti in this size head) and ideally a shim for the bolt hole to take it from 5mm id to 4mm id ( essentially cut a thin brass tube to length). If keen i have links to washers and bolts as i used the same for my homemade mcfk mount.
Hi I appreciate it, but I already bought the Raceware. And ppl seemed to think that stem is a bit delicate in the clamping area/bolts.

nickf

by nickf

Outfront is the way to go. On the stem I would have to look down and back if i was in my drops. With the outfront I juat have to glance down. The raceware is the way to go.

Werking
in the industry

by Werking

Hi guys, thanks to many requests from Extralite stem users I'm working on a specific mount for this stem. It has his particolars that are different from others.

here a quick shot.

The total weight will be aroudn 15 grams, ah gopro combo will be avabile.
http://werking.cc - Handcrafted bicycles - Made in Italy

http://alpitude.cc - bike components

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

What is wrong with the one made specifically for the Hyperstem by Extralite?
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt