Power meter advice Cannondale

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Ollaay

by Ollaay

Looking for the powermeter options out there for cannondale SL cranks.
Power2max, stages etc? but not pedal based as already have DA pedals.
Cheers

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

glepore

by glepore

New? Those and srm, 4iii.
Used? Quarq as well.
Stages is discounting all of their gen 2 product on their website. 399 for Cannondale.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Ollaay

by Ollaay

Cheers for that, gen 2 stages only have 165mm instock, would the gen3 work on my hollogram SL?

topflightpro

by topflightpro

Find a used Cannondale SRM. They can be found for about $500, at least that is what I paid for mine.

northwestern

by northwestern

topflightpro wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 6:41 pm
Find a used Cannondale SRM. They can be found for about $500, at least that is what I paid for mine.
SRM is great, just remember that you have to send it to colorado if you want it calibrated or change the battery. And you have to calibrate it before every ride.

ms6073

by ms6073

northwestern wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 8:40 pm
SRM is great, just remember that you have to send it to SRM in Colorado if you want it calibrated or change the battery. And you have to set the zero-offset before every ride.
Fixed it for you. Sending to SRM US is typically a 2-3 week turn around and the firmware updates are nice, but for the DIY types with soldering skills and a steady hand, changing the batteries and setting the calibration for an SRM Hollowgram is not difficult.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

NiFTY

by NiFTY

I have 2 cannondale stages. Nil dramas. And accurate and consistent data for me ( compared to my quarq). I woild borrow a dual side and check my power balance over a few different length efforts and see if 1 side pm would work for you, then get a stages as its temp compensation is the amongst the best of all pms ( more stable than my quarq with 10k compensation)
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

Ollaay

by Ollaay

Many thanks for all the replies!

glepore

by glepore

To the OP-you mention an SL crank. Do you have the older sl and not the current si? If so, be aware that the stages arm will fit and work, but there is a slightly different shape to it compared to the current si and sisl arms, and it will result in the left pedal being a couple mm closer to the bb than the right. You'll probably never notice, but its why stages technically only claims compatibility with all of their current cannondale offerings with the si series. That said a) there's no functional difference between gen 2 and 3, just updated electronics in gen 3 and b) it appears that stages closeout site in usa has all sizes shown as available. https://store.stagescycling.com/Stages- ... nondale-Si

I would echo the other comments about stages reliability in the other posts, with the caveat that as mentioned in the Quarq v Stages thread, stages accuracy for very short intense efforts-ie instantenous sprints of over 900 watts or so-isn't as good as say srm. Not an issue for many of us, but its worth being aware of.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

Ollaay

by Ollaay

glepore wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 9:50 pm
To the OP-you mention an SL crank. Do you have the older sl and not the current si? If so, be aware that the stages arm will fit and work, but there is a slightly different shape to it compared to the current si and sisl arms, and it will result in the left pedal being a couple mm closer to the bb than the right. You'll probably never notice, but its why stages technically only claims compatibility with all of their current cannondale offerings with the si series. That said a) there's no functional difference between gen 2 and 3, just updated electronics in gen 3 and b) it appears that stages closeout site in usa has all sizes shown as available. https://store.stagescycling.com/Stages- ... nondale-Si

I would echo the other comments about stages reliability in the other posts, with the caveat that as mentioned in the Quarq v Stages thread, stages accuracy for very short intense efforts-ie instantenous sprints of over 900 watts or so-isn't as good as say srm. Not an issue for many of us, but its worth being aware of.
This is exactly what i was wondering actually, yeah i have the older Hollogram SL and they dont mention that it fits on the website just the Si and SiSL2 will. So it will fit onto the cranks without any issues? and how come they have changed the fit of it, is it due to clearance issues i am assuming?
Thanks for this mate

glepore

by glepore

Yeah, it ll fit, the spidles are the same shape. Cannondale went to a longer spindle w bb30a and reshaped the arm to keep the same q. The new arm will be slightly closer on the nds but should work unless you have very wide chainstays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Ollaay

by Ollaay

glepore wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 11:30 pm
Yeah, it ll fit, the spidles are the same shape. Cannondale went to a longer spindle w bb30a and reshaped the arm to keep the same q. The new arm will be slightly closer on the nds but should work unless you have very wide chainstays

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Ok i see i see, ill have to double check on mine at the moment, have a 2014 SS evo hi mod team.

Cheers.

Kaboom

by Kaboom

You also have the option of a Power2Max NG eco with actual both-side measurement for not much more money than some of the other options outlined above... And everybody raves about P2M's simplicity and reliability.

Ollaay

by Ollaay

Kaboom wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:19 am
You also have the option of a Power2Max NG eco with actual both-side measurement for not much more money than some of the other options outlined above... And everybody raves about P2M's simplicity and reliability.
Yeah they look like a solid option, along with a set of praxis rings, still unsure on 50/34 or 52/36 as where i live is fairly hilly!

otoman

by otoman

+1 for the P2M NG

That’s what I run on mine. Very reliable.
Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com