Power meter advice Cannondale

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Kaboom

by Kaboom

Ollaay wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:29 pm
Kaboom wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 10:19 am
You also have the option of a Power2Max NG eco with actual both-side measurement for not much more money than some of the other options outlined above... And everybody raves about P2M's simplicity and reliability.
Yeah they look like a solid option, along with a set of praxis rings, still unsure on 50/34 or 52/36 as where i live is fairly hilly!
I made the change from full compact to 36/52 and I'm LOVING it. I don't know why but I swear they just make the bike feel faster. Praxis rings, too, and they shift great. With an 11-28 in the rear the whole range feels sweeter. I can't wait to get a 11-23 or 11-25 for flatter routes and experience that ultra-tight gearing.

If you're rocking a 28tooth sprocket in the back and you're reasonably fit, the 36/28 will get you over anything around a sustained 10% and 12-15% short ramps with no problem. Once you go above that you better be able to hold 270+ watts or you're gonna be suffering.

Then again, a couple of decades ago people were climbing the exact same hills we are today on 42-23s or 39-23s and I have trouble believing every single one of those was a 300w+ FTP monster.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com