chinese titanium axles for speedplay

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ms6073

by ms6073

onemanpeloton wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:13 pm
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm also in the UK. No speedplay axles listed on their website or online store now though
I think I had mentioned previously that Speedplay is very protective of its IP. So while it is pointless for them to try to pursue legal action against J&L in China, Speedplay has threatened domestic vendors with legal action, thus TiSpindles.com no longer advertises about replacement spindles for Speedplay. Simply click the Contact Us link to obtain the email address, then send them an email and you will get a response within a business day.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

ms6073 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:28 pm
onemanpeloton wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:13 pm
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm also in the UK. No speedplay axles listed on their website or online store now though
I think I had mentioned previously that Speedplay is very protective of its IP. So while it is pointless for them to try to pursue legal action against J&L in China, Speedplay has threatened domestic vendors with legal action, thus TiSpindles.com no longer advertises about replacement spindles for Speedplay. Simply click the Contact Us link to obtain the email address, then send them an email and you will get a response within a business day.
that makes alot of sense, I hadn't considered that. Thanks :)
2020 Trek Boone
2017 Merida Reacto
2017 Trek Superfly AL

euka

by euka

I crashed and almost got hit over by car behind me because my titanium bb axle cracked while sprinting over a small hill. There are some disadvantages in titanium axles and I'm not going near them anymore. :D

TonyM

by TonyM

euka wrote:I crashed and almost got hit over by car behind me because my titanium bb axle cracked while sprinting over a small hill. There are some disadvantages in titanium axles and I'm not going near them anymore. :D
Just to have an idea...how much do you weigh and how much power/ watts to you have when sprinting?

drcgriffith

by drcgriffith

Hi. A question regarding J&L titanium axles for speedplay.

I bought a couple to upgrade my Zero aeros. A nice big weight saving but the threaded end of the spindle appeared slightly too short, so the bearings were loaded too much when the end screw was tightened.

Anyone else have the same issue?

Photos enclosed.
Attachments
IMG_20210113_230455.jpg
IMG_20210113_230352.jpg
IMG_20210113_230227.jpg
Screenshot_20210113-230551_eBay.jpg

kode54

by kode54

I've been using the J&Ls for several years with no issues. Mine are closer to flush than what you have here. Almost like OEM manufacture.
- Factor Ostro VAM Disc
- Factor LS Disc
- Specialized Aethos Disc
- Sturdy Ti Allroad Disc
- Guru Praemio R Disc

Shrike

by Shrike

These the ones you guys are buying?

Thinking to grab the ti ones now to upgrade my Zeros: https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/J-L-Titanium ... %7Ciid%3A1

Seem no UK reseller so have to get them from Taiwan?

drcgriffith

by drcgriffith

kode54 wrote:
Thu Jan 14, 2021 9:45 pm
I've been using the J&Ls for several years with no issues. Mine are closer to flush than what you have here. Almost like OEM manufacture.
Weird. Definitely dont work with my zero aeros. Tried with screw less tight and the pedal fell off towards end of a zwift race!

Yes, that Ebay link is the axles I purchased. Seller was very engaged, sent me pics etc and has arranged for me to send them back for a refund.

Are the dimensions of a zero aero pedal slightly different? Perhaps that's my issue.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Did these yesterday only prob is one of the butterfly plates wasn't tapped so gunna have to get that sorted. ImageImageImageImage
Formerly known as Curryinahurry

micky

by micky

That's some fancy color choice!

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Ivr got an all silver ti pair as well
Formerly known as Curryinahurry