chinese titanium axles for speedplay

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
ms6073

by ms6073

onemanpeloton wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:13 pm
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm also in the UK. No speedplay axles listed on their website or online store now though
I think I had mentioned previously that Speedplay is very protective of its IP. So while it is pointless for them to try to pursue legal action against J&L in China, Speedplay has threatened domestic vendors with legal action, thus TiSpindles.com no longer advertises about replacement spindles for Speedplay. Simply click the Contact Us link to obtain the email address, then send them an email and you will get a response within a business day.
Michael - The Anaerobic Threshold is neither...

onemanpeloton

by onemanpeloton

ms6073 wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 2:28 pm
onemanpeloton wrote:
Tue May 01, 2018 1:13 pm
Thanks for the recommendation, I'm also in the UK. No speedplay axles listed on their website or online store now though
I think I had mentioned previously that Speedplay is very protective of its IP. So while it is pointless for them to try to pursue legal action against J&L in China, Speedplay has threatened domestic vendors with legal action, thus TiSpindles.com no longer advertises about replacement spindles for Speedplay. Simply click the Contact Us link to obtain the email address, then send them an email and you will get a response within a business day.
that makes alot of sense, I hadn't considered that. Thanks :)
2017 Giant TCR Disc
2016 Cube Crossrace
2016 Cube Stereo 140

by Weenie

euka

by euka

I crashed and almost got hit over by car behind me because my titanium bb axle cracked while sprinting over a small hill. There are some disadvantages in titanium axles and I'm not going near them anymore. :D

TonyM

by TonyM

euka wrote:I crashed and almost got hit over by car behind me because my titanium bb axle cracked while sprinting over a small hill. There are some disadvantages in titanium axles and I'm not going near them anymore. :D
Just to have an idea...how much do you weigh and how much power/ watts to you have when sprinting?