DI2 multi-shifting limited to 3 cogs?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Delorre

by Delorre

Hi, I've always found that 3 cogs was as little limiting, but I've lived with it. But now you also have syncro shifting, where you can program up to 5? shifts at the time, I wonder, why the hell does that limit of 3 cogs is still there with multi-shift? I use it to do a simutanious front and rear shift (as you would do with the more automatic settings), but 3 cogs is not enough. I used semi syncro shifting for a while and loved the fact you could program 4 or 5 shits at the back (going from 36-15 to 52-19 or 21), but with the 'manual' multi shifting, I still have to do 1 addictional shift. It's not the end of the world, but it's not logic.

So, the question is : is there a way to get up to 4 shifts with multi-shifting? Does the android app have the same limit as the e-tube pc software?

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

There is an option in the E-Tube software to select multi shifting to keep shifting cassette cogs as long as you hold down the shift button. You can go from one end of the cassette to the other if you wish. You can also set the speed at which the RD shifts when 'multi-shifting'.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

BdaGhisallo wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:40 pm
There is an option in the E-Tube software to select multi shifting to keep shifting cassette cogs as long as you hold down the shift button. You can go from one end of the cassette to the other if you wish. You can also set the speed at which the RD shifts when 'multi-shifting'.
I know that, but, by doing so, you are never sure you will shift just 4 cogs, and not 5 or only 3. I press both buttons (L and R shifter) at the same time and keep them pressed until shifting is done (no counting, nothing, just press and let the system do its things, always 3 cogs). In the e tube app (only found a video of ios), the limit is also 3...

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

Delorre wrote:
Mon Apr 30, 2018 7:14 am
BdaGhisallo wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 8:40 pm
I know that, but, by doing so, you are never sure you will shift just 4 cogs, and not 5 or only 3. I press both buttons (L and R shifter) at the same time and keep them pressed until shifting is done (no counting, nothing, just press and let the system do its things, always 3 cogs). In the e tube app (only found a video of ios), the limit is also 3...
I misunderstood you. There is no option to have the multi-shift set to four or five shifts only.