Berk Lupina or List saddle

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
PinaRene

by PinaRene

Hello,

I am in for a new saddle and I am in doubt if it should be a Berk List or a Berk Lupina saddle. At this moment all my bikes have a Fizik Arione R3 braided and the suit me well - but the are quit heavy 170- ish grams. The cut-out that the Lupina has, might take away some pressure points but I had the same on some former Selle Italia Carbonio Flow saddles. And I remember I wasn't a 100% happy with that. The lenght and width of the List saddle seems quit the same as the Fizik Arione R3 - only a lower stack hight if I see the pictures.

Who has some exprience with the saddles I mentioned - and can give me some advice ?

Wookski

by Wookski

I weigh 65kg and have broken one list (saddle rails- replaced by Berk and yet to install). A friend is 73kg and has broken 2 (1 saddle rail, 1 where the rail is glued to the shell). Berk replaced those as well so he is very customer focussed.

I have found the list to be the most comfortable saddle I have ever used. I used to only ride tune komm vor (still very good but sharp edges destroy bibs).

Squashednuts

by Squashednuts

Not what OP was asking...

Tune Speedneedle Marathon excellent saddle IMO, and it came in under advertised weight by 5g

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Wookski wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:08 am
I weigh 65kg and have broken one list (saddle rails- replaced by Berk and yet to install). A friend is 73kg and has broken 2 (1 saddle rail, 1 where the rail is glued to the shell). Berk replaced those as well so he is very customer focussed.
Sounds promising , 3 broken saddles :? . I have the Arione's now on all 3 bikes and they never let me down. I have another stipped Arione laying here that weighs 100 grams - I could cover that with leather and use it.

Wookski

by Wookski

PinaRene wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 9:52 am
Wookski wrote:
Fri Apr 27, 2018 5:08 am
Sounds promising , 3 broken saddles :? . I have the Arione's now on all 3 bikes and they never let me down. I have another stipped Arione laying here that weighs 100 grams - I could cover that with leather and use it.
Weightweenie life

tonytourist

by tonytourist

I had a Lupina for 1.5 years and probably 15k miles before I had an issue with it which was caused by my MCFK seat post. I was thinking I'd be lucky to get a crash replacement, however, Jure went out of his way to get me a new saddle. I have 3 friends locally riding Berk saddles without issue. Highly recommended!