Question for those who use Vision Metron 5D bar with Di2

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Noctiluxx

by Noctiluxx

Hey guys, Its really time consuming to charge my Di2 junction box located on the bottom of the bar, underneath a lid. I have to flip the bike upside down, remove the Garmin mount, and get to a lid which has three screws located in a tight position. The little opening located in the lid below is just too small to get the charging cable through. I called the company rep last week and was told the bar isn't necessarily easy solution for Shimano's Di2 :shock: . Meaning, yeah, its not a really a good implementation. Any of you have a better solution? Thanks!
Bianchi Oltre XR4, De Rosa SK Pininfarina, Trek Madone SLR, Giant TCR Advanced SL, Cervelo R5 Disk, Giant Revolt

sychen

by sychen

Can you not use the bar end A junction box( EW-RS910)? That should solve the mounting issue.

Or can you modify the cover to suit? Enlarge the hole or cut a new one?

Sent from my Pixel 2 XL using Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

stang1

by stang1

Just going to leave this here. Its do able.

mikebuf73

by mikebuf73

stang1 wrote:
Sun Apr 22, 2018 1:20 pm

Just going to leave this here. Its do able.
Hi Stang1 - I am really excited to see this thread on WW however your pic is no longer showing - is there any way you can please upload again? I would love to get away with just mounting the stem junction box and avoid the expense and fuss of fitting the bar end solution

Many thanks
Mike

drexel75

by drexel75

Does anyone know where you can purchase the Vision Di2 cover? Seems to be out of stock everywhere.