4iiii vs stages GEN3 dura ace 9100 powermeter

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ODC

by ODC

Gonna build up a Tarmac sl6 disc in the quick step colors (I'm from Belgium)
Now I'm in doubt about the power meter:
- 4iiii precision dura ace 9100
- Stages GEN 3 dura ace 9100

Had the Shimano power meter on my previous bike but I had a lot of problems with it so I returned it and got my money back.
Wich one would you choose between the two?
Last edited by ODC on Thu Apr 12, 2018 5:47 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Delorre

by Delorre

ODC wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 4:54 pm
Gonna build up a Tarmac sl6 disc in the quick step colors (I'm from Belgium)

Had the Shimano power meter on my previous bike but I had a lot of problems with it so I returned it and got my money back.
I choose 4iiii, ordered one, but with the delay's, I asked for a refund. But as the delays keep on, I hesitate to get a Stage. I went for 4iiii because of no visible pods from the side view, less weight and no 2032 anymore. I can keep my left side Stage in the meantime, and wait for 4iiii, but not if it still takes mounths and months for a product that maybe still has some issues. My Stage has been trouble free for more than 2 years now!

TonyM

by TonyM

ODC wrote:Gonna build up a Tarmac sl6 disc in the quick step colors (I'm from Belgium)

You mean the new Dura Ace powermeter?

I have read many problems with 4iiii in general but only for gen1 Stages. Gen2 and gen3 seems to be very reliable (my gen2 is working ok for the last two years). Less good than my P2M but ok.

ODC

by ODC

TonyM wrote:
Thu Apr 12, 2018 8:25 pm
ODC wrote:Gonna build up a Tarmac sl6 disc in the quick step colors (I'm from Belgium)

You mean the new Dura Ace powermeter?

I have read many problems with 4iiii in general but only for gen1 Stages. Gen2 and gen3 seems to be very reliable (my gen2 is working ok for the last two years). Less good than my P2M but ok.
Yes the new Dura Ace powermeter.
Creaks/ticking noise, Left/right was totally wrong and i was very carefully with the charging port but it broke at one side.
Also i don’t like the way you must press the cranks together with the powermeter.

TonyM

by TonyM

Why don’t you consider the Pioneer?
To me it looks too bulky and you need their head unit to update it etc....but it seems that they are quite accurate etc...