I'm in pretty dire need of power meter for my Venge. I currently have the 180mm DA R9100 crankset installed and I got used to long cranks (that alone causes some trouble, more below). I've been using 180mm cranks for more than 2 years now (my previous bike has them too), so please don't make me try shorter ones.
Now, when I was building the bike the plan was to wait for Vectors 3, which were supposed to launch somewhere near September/October last year. Didn't happen, the pedals are still not widely available; at least my LBS didn't get their share and they've ordered 5 pairs long time ago.
Where it comes to my options, I don't have many (at least not that I'm aware of):
- Favero Assioma Duo - available, pretty cheap, a lot of good reviews; they got these pod things and I don't know if it's good or bad, haven't seen the pedals in person
- Garmin Vector 3 - I could wait some more (how long?), maybe Garmin will figure things out eventually; there's a lot of mixed reviews on the internet but as far as I'm aware few shops in Poland that have received their didn't get warranty claims yet
- Shimano R9100-P crankset - I've heard the 180mm version isn't really coming anytime soon (if ever) + I've read about some issues with L/R balance
- Specialized crank (without power) + power2max NG - I don't really like the look of the "old" road crank and the new one doesn't come in 180mm (well, in theory it does, but I haven't seen one)
- Specialized Power Crank - as far as I know it won't be available till Autumn, maybe; even if it comes out I doubt the 180mm will be available
- Quarq DFour91 - there's 177.5mm version, maybe it would be okay, but I can't really find it anywhere