Campag Record Bearings

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

JR1001

by JR1001

Just bought some new Campag FC-RE112 bearings for my Record chainset. They appear to have changed from the last time I bought them - now one side has an opaque seal and the other side is open, as opposed to one red and one black seal. Assume these are ceramic bearings, should they be packed with grease or run with oil as per the Super Record ones? Take it the open side is inboard.

Thanks

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

PinaRene

by PinaRene

Open side must be facing inboard. The bearings are the USB ( Ultra Smooth Bearings ) and not Ceramic like the FC-SR012. First you have to place the black loose seal and then the bearing - red seal facing outside. I replaced mine last week with some C Bear bearings ( both side a seal ) - but spin like crazy. :twisted:

graeme_f_k
Shop Owner / Manufacturer

by graeme_f_k

PinaRene wrote:
Tue Apr 10, 2018 5:33 pm
Open side must be facing inboard. The bearings are the USB ( Ultra Smooth Bearings ) and not Ceramic like the FC-SR012. First you have to place the black loose seal and then the bearing - red seal facing outside. I replaced mine last week with some C Bear bearings ( both side a seal ) - but spin like crazy. :twisted:
Not quite right.
FC-RE012 are steel on steel, with a grease bath - Factory-fitted on Chorus.
FC-RE112 are USB, Ceramic on steel, gresae bath, Factory-fitted on Record and 11s HO cranksets.
FC-SR012 are ceramic on stainless steel and use an oil bath. Factory-fitted on Super Record.
The three bearings can be used interchangeably.
A Tech-Reps work is never done ...
Head Tech, Campagnolo main UK ASC
Pls contact via velotechcycling"at"aim"dot"com, not PM, for a quicker answer. Thanks!