Lightweight endurance bike

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

sigma

by sigma

So quick update: I test rode both the Synapse and Road Machine yesterday to check sizing. Both fit pretty well (54) right on the stock builds. My impressions were the BMC had a bit more of a race style geometry (had the lower head spacer) and transmitted the vibrations slightly more through the frame. The Synapse was buttery smooth. Test road surface was asphault followed by choppy damaged roads. The BMC felt very responsive up the hill (very stiff) but suprisingly a little less stable coming down. The Synapse a little less responsive coming up, but incredibly stable coming down. The Synapse handling quite surprised me - not that dissimlar to my rim Supersix.

In terms of other bikes, I initially ruled out the Scott Addict based on geometry (being more race and less endurnace). The Canyon I will have to do some handlebar and crank adjustments too, and in the US, the part swap is not that easy yet, so I probably will pass. The Focus Paralane looks quite interesting as does the Cervelo C5, but I am having a hard time finding either to test ride.

Cheers
Lots of bikes: currently riding Enve Melee, Krypton Pro, S Works Crux, S Works Epic Evo, SL7.
In build: SW SL8

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com