Ultetgra 6770 Di2 (10spd) to 8050 11spd Di2 - Can I reuse the Di2 cables?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

jmusseauw

by jmusseauw

Hi Everyone,

I can't seem to find if I can reuse my 6770 Di2 cables to completely upgrade to Ultegra 8050 Di2. All parts (FD, RD, Shifters, etc.) would be switched out. The only things I would like to keep/resue are my Di2 cables and battery so I don't have to run new ones through my frame. Is that possible?

Thanks in advance!

jaypee

by jaypee

same cables buddy

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TurboKoo

by TurboKoo

I would upgrade battery too so you could use wireless unit also.
Cannondale SuperSix
Shimano 9270

jmusseauw

by jmusseauw

Thanks for the quick replies @jaypee and @TurboKoo! This will save me a few bucks and big hassle!

Sorry for the dumb question, but what would the battery upgrade/wireless unit do for me?

NVM - I found the answers! :)

dricked

by dricked

For the price of the battery and etube BT transmitter (actually it’s cheaper) you can buy the wired version to plug into the laptop. Same as what the shop would use.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/ISMPCE1-Shimano- ... nav=SEARCH

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

dricked wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:50 pm
For the price of the battery and etube BT transmitter (actually it’s cheaper) you can buy the wired version to plug into the laptop. Same as what the shop would use.

https://m.ebay.com/itm/ISMPCE1-Shimano- ... nav=SEARCH
If you don't care about syncro shift then I would take this path. From what I have heard and read, the BT transmitter can be a source of problems. The new battery has the additional circuitry that enables syncro shift to function. If you like fully manual shifting all you need to do is unplug your 6770 derr's and shifters and plug the 8050 pieces in their place.

dricked

by dricked

Forgot about the synchro shift. When I initially switched to di2 I really wanted it, then I decided I didn’t need it and it would be more of a nuisance for my terrain.

BdaGhisallo

by BdaGhisallo

dricked wrote:
Mon Apr 09, 2018 6:57 pm
Forgot about the synchro shift. When I initially switched to di2 I really wanted it, then I decided I didn’t need it and it would be more of a nuisance for my terrain.
Same here. I bought the new battery to enable it and ended up switching off semi-syncro about 5km into my first ride with it. After 30 years of riding without it, I think I can sort my gearing out on my own, especially with the base capability of DI2.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com