Nokon meets normal cable

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

logy

by logy

Hi all

Best way to achieve this? I want to use normal SRAM cable under bar road to Nokon to Calliper.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

eric01

by eric01

Jagwire links have this as standard setup. Normal cable under bar tape and then transition to links near the stem

They sell a special ferrule that is more or less two female ends that mate the standard cable to the link.

Jagwire aren’t exactly same diameter as Nokon but I think it should be close enough to work.
Specialized Tarmac Sworks SL6, Moots Compact, Carl Strong Titanium

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

if you've not used it before, bear in mind nokon comes with a flexy coil outer that runs from the levers the first 17cm, depends on how long a run you need though

you can also get these separately, plus the ferrules to 'join' outers of different size, for instance... http://www.starbike.com/en/brands/nokon/

i've used nokon many years, one thing i recommend is fit with the powercordz liner instead of the nokon liner - i find it has lower friction, and does not tend to kink like the nokon liner can over time

logy

by logy

sungod wrote:if you've not used it before, bear in mind nokon comes with a flexy coil outer that runs from the levers the first 17cm, depends on how long a run you need though

you can also get these separately, plus the ferrules to 'join' outers of different size, for instance... http://www.starbike.com/en/brands/nokon/

i've used nokon many years, one thing i recommend is fit with the powercordz liner instead of the nokon liner - i find it has lower friction, and does not tend to kink like the nokon liner can over time
All sorted. Still some stiction in the cable with EE brakes though.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

sungod

by sungod

is that with the nokon liner?

fwiw i'm running nokon (powercordz liner) with ee brakes, no issues at all

this is with sram etap levers on integrated bars with fairly tight turns, installed it just over two years ago, originally with sram brakes then swapped to ee brakes last year