Flexible 25.4 post

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Building a CAAD 12 frame which has the 25.4mm diameter seat tube. Going to be riding a lot of gravel on this bike so want max flex in the post. I know that 25.4 already increases flex vs. larger diameter sizes but was wondering if anyone can offer any comparison between flexyness of the (very limited) 25.4 options. Cannondale of course offers their SAVE post, Enve has one, and there are several open mold carbon options on Aliexpress. I have one bike fitted with a post with the Ergon CF3 split design, which is only available in 27.2, so my frame of reference includes some seriously flexy stuff.

RichTheRoadie
Tinker, Taylor, Tart

by RichTheRoadie

I've been contemplating a Synapse - this is what I'd go for: http://www.mcfk.de/en/products/sattelst ... tpost.html

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

RichTheRoadie wrote:I've been contemplating a Synapse - this is what I'd go for: http://www.mcfk.de/en/products/sattelst ... tpost.html
For the price and the weight the mcfk is quite off compared to the Darimo (just ordered mine in 25.4, should come at 70g).
Furthermore the mcfk took quite some weight over the years (there is a post about it that came few weeks ago).

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

TheKaiser

by TheKaiser

Those are both nice suggestions. I am partial to a 2 bolt style clamp like these have, as I've often had problem with side clamping models slipping, plus these are generally very accomodating of different shape saddle rails without needing extra parts kits. The MCFK has a really nice molded 1 piece head, whereas that Darimo is more of a minimalist design that has a strong resemblance to some of the DIY designs people have posted, but having said that, DAMN that Darimo is light!

If you guys get hands on either of them, please report back with whatever info you can on how "flexy" they are. Remember, more is better for my application.

marcelflash

by marcelflash

I have the Darimo in 27.2 on a Tarmac SL5. The bike was not comfortable with the S-Works seatpost but now it is a completely differend bike like chancing your tires from 23mm to 26mm. Bending the seatpost by tilting the saddle is easy so I imagine that there is a lot of flex but strong.

C36

by C36

TheKaiser wrote:Those are both nice suggestions. I am partial to a 2 bolt style clamp like these have, as I've often had problem with side clamping models slipping, plus these are generally very accomodating of different shape saddle rails without needing extra parts kits. The MCFK has a really nice molded 1 piece head, whereas that Darimo is more of a minimalist design that has a strong resemblance to some of the DIY designs people have posted, but having said that, DAMN that Darimo is light!

If you guys get hands on either of them, please report back with whatever info you can on how "flexy" they are. Remember, more is better for my application.
Just placed my order last week for a 270mmx25.4mm Darimo, should have 16.5seat post out, will let you know how it feels.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com