brake pads

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Hi all,

I got myself some campy Bora One tubular wheels from a close down sale. Only after some more researxh i realise they are a few generation old ones (the first lot with 3D logo, so no distinctive material for brake track,.i think they are from 2012). Anyway, i know very little about campy wheels history, do any of you know if the Red brake pads from Campy i buy today is suitable for the wheelset? Or they have change the formula to suit their latest design? (The wheels were open box and didnt come with pads). Thanks.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Use the current red pads. They’ve improved their pads for carbon rims immensely since 2010 even, when I first started using Boras. They’ve gone from a brown compound, to a grey compound, and now to their red compound, which is definitely the best of the bunch.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

I’ve got a set of older type Boras that I bought around 2012/13, they came with the same red pads as the Boras I bought last year. Fantastic wheels, even the older type, still ride them regularly and still solid as day one, no wear on the track as far as I can see

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Thanks guys,. Red pads it is then.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen: