Daedalus vs Enve Seatpost.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

grahus

by grahus

This thread actually made me laugh out loud, especially @RussellS's comment about the LBS taking the piss out of @tabl10s situation.

Now I know I will get flack for this comment, and I am in no position to judge as I don't spent vast sums of money on my bike like many on this forum but...

...it got me wondering, here is a a group of passionate bike lovers, debating which $275-$350 300mm length of carbon is best, then hacking 25% of it off and throwing it in the trash, then telling everyone how they have improved the product...

Just who is being taken to the cleaners....I think it's more than @tabl10s who is being bent over the counter.
Bikes:

Road: Project-X Pro Carbon (7.2kg) | Bianchi via Narone (bare metal project)
MTB: Canyon Spectral 6.0 Ex 27.5" | GT Zaskar 26" | Orange Clockwork 26" (Limited Edition green)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

amngwlvs

by amngwlvs

grahus wrote:
Tue Jun 26, 2018 1:41 pm
...it got me wondering, here is a a group of passionate bike lovers, debating which $275-$350 300mm length of carbon is best, then hacking 25% of it off and throwing it in the trash, then telling everyone how they have improved the product...

Just who is being taken to the cleaners....I think it's more than @tabl10s who is being bent over the counter.
That made me laugh harder than anything else in this thread.
2018 Giant TCR Advanced Pro 0 Disc
2015 Giant Propel Advanced 2
2013 Trek 520

Berzin1

by Berzin1

Zakalwe wrote:
Wed Mar 28, 2018 8:25 pm
Maybe worth checking the lbs staff bike racks to see if there’s any there with your Daedalus
The seatpost was stolen and reported damaged or lost. Then it was sold. Some bike shop employees do it all the time, especially the disgruntled ones.

Bigger Gear

by Bigger Gear

robertbb wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:47 am
Ive bought two ENVE posts for various bikes. Twice the posts came in under the 27.2 measurement, which caused ticking... that took ENVE a month each to admit and then resolve. You have to rotate the clamp to change between certain saddle angles, and this clunky adjustment wouldn't allow me to get the angle I wanted using either side.

I'm now using Ritchey WCS carbon 1-bolt posts (2018 model) on both bikes. They are much lighter, far more comfortable (like night and day.. these things are insanely comfortable) and offer easy and infinite saddle angle adjustment. They look great and are around half the price.

I'll never be buying an ENVE product again.
I breezed through this thread and then went downstairs and measured a new ENVE post I had just purchased. It is oval. 27.05ish in one direction, 27.33ish in the other. Measured in a few locations along its length. It is going back. I'll stick with my somewhat unsightly, but highly functional, and perfectly machined Thomson Elite and Masterpiece posts thanks.

robertbb

by robertbb

Bigger Gear wrote:
Wed Jun 27, 2018 2:25 am
robertbb wrote:
Sat Mar 31, 2018 12:47 am
Ive bought two ENVE posts for various bikes. Twice the posts came in under the 27.2 measurement, which caused ticking... that took ENVE a month each to admit and then resolve. You have to rotate the clamp to change between certain saddle angles, and this clunky adjustment wouldn't allow me to get the angle I wanted using either side.

I'm now using Ritchey WCS carbon 1-bolt posts (2018 model) on both bikes. They are much lighter, far more comfortable (like night and day.. these things are insanely comfortable) and offer easy and infinite saddle angle adjustment. They look great and are around half the price.

I'll never be buying an ENVE product again.
I breezed through this thread and then went downstairs and measured a new ENVE post I had just purchased. It is oval. 27.05ish in one direction, 27.33ish in the other. Measured in a few locations along its length. It is going back. I'll stick with my somewhat unsightly, but highly functional, and perfectly machined Thomson Elite and Masterpiece posts thanks.
And there you have it. Just a shit product with shit QC. Fanboys aside, I shudder to think what their wheels are truly like if they can't get a post right! Caused really loud ticking inside the frame... guess some frames will be more sensitive than others.

PS: Always happy to help a Cascadian ;-)