Daedalus vs Enve Seatpost.

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Wookski

by Wookski

spdntrxi wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 4:05 am
if you are ok with... you are ok with it. It's not like the enve post is a POS.. it's not. But they should give you some options.
The Enve is a heavy POS- terrible post

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

Ask yourself whether they'd replace a "lost" Enve post with an AX Lightness post...

This sort of thing just shouldn't happen. I'm wrench for my bikes - I've learnt loads by doing it myself too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ms6073

by ms6073

Wookski wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 9:45 am
I can't debate that the Enve post is not a lightweight, and while it is a bit of a topic drift, as the owner of the current Enve two bolt variant, I am curious why you consider it a POS?
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Sell the Enve and get a Superlogic

tabl10s

by tabl10s

Zakalwe wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:09 pm
Wilier came with one. Not all that light.
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

Wookski

by Wookski

ms6073 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:41 pm
Wookski wrote:
I can't debate that the Enve post is not a lightweight, and while it is a bit of a topic drift, as the owner of the current Enve two bolt variant, I am curious why you consider it a POS?
I have 2 x current variants in my parts bin. The finish is ugly, the inserts are extremely heavy and adjustment is suboptimal. Compare to McFK, WR compositi or AX posts I have the enve is by far the worst.

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

tabl10s wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 1:43 am
Zakalwe wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 6:09 pm
Wilier came with one. Not all that light.
Just put one on my bike, about 150g for 300mm. Half the price of an AX too

RussellS

by RussellS

tabl10s wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:02 am
I made a deal with the head mechanic. He has worked on my three bikes exclusively and even upgraded the seatpost on the first bike after the bike fitter installed the saddle on original incorrectly.

As I've mentioned before, the Daedalus was free with the frame(used)
So this same shop loses your AX seatpost, and ruins another seatpost when installing a saddle. And the mechanic "upgraded" the post for the first mistake/error/wrong they made. And now is "downgrading" you with an Enve instead of AX post in this case. I'd suggest you find another bike shop to work on your bikes. This one seems to enjoy bending you over the counter and using your seatposts on your backside.

The AX Daedalus post was not "FREE" as you seem to think. It was purchased with your used frame. It was part of the package you paid money for. If there had been no seatpost, you would have paid less money for the frame package. Think of McDonalds' happy meals. They do not sell you the food and throw the drink in "free". No, you buy the whole ensemble, including the "free" drink. Everything you get, you pay for. There is nothing free.

robertbb

by robertbb

Wookski wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 8:01 am
ms6073 wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 2:41 pm
Wookski wrote:
I have 2 x current variants in my parts bin. The finish is ugly, the inserts are extremely heavy and adjustment is suboptimal. Compare to McFK, WR compositi or AX posts I have the enve is by far the worst.
Ive bought two ENVE posts for various bikes. Twice the posts came in under the 27.2 measurement, which caused ticking... that took ENVE a month each to admit and then resolve. You have to rotate the clamp to change between certain saddle angles, and this clunky adjustment wouldn't allow me to get the angle I wanted using either side.

I'm now using Ritchey WCS carbon 1-bolt posts (2018 model) on both bikes. They are much lighter, far more comfortable (like night and day.. these things are insanely comfortable) and offer easy and infinite saddle angle adjustment. They look great and are around half the price.

I'll never be buying an ENVE product again.

tabl10s

by tabl10s

RussellS wrote:
Fri Mar 30, 2018 11:42 pm
tabl10s wrote:
Thu Mar 29, 2018 5:02 am
I made a deal with the head mechanic. He has worked on my three bikes exclusively and even upgraded the seatpost on the first bike after the bike fitter installed the saddle on original incorrectly.

As I've mentioned before, the Daedalus was free with the frame(used)
So this same shop loses your AX seatpost, and ruins another seatpost when installing a saddle. And the mechanic "upgraded" the post for the first mistake/error/wrong they made. And now is "downgrading" you with an Enve instead of AX post in this case. I'd suggest you find another bike shop to work on your bikes. This one seems to enjoy bending you over the counter and using your seatposts on your backside.

The AX Daedalus post was not "FREE" as you seem to think. It was purchased with your used frame. It was part of the package you paid money for. If there had been no seatpost, you would have paid less money for the frame package. Think of McDonalds' happy meals. They do not sell you the food and throw the drink in "free". No, you buy the whole ensemble, including the "free" drink. Everything you get, you pay for. There is nothing free.
There was a charge for the post, but he said I could have it.
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).

eaglejackson

by eaglejackson

The original Enve one bolt post is a POS. It kept slipping. The newer 2 bolt works fine. It's not my favorite post but it's fine. I have one on one of my bikes and a Fizik Cyrano 00 on the other. I prefer the Fizik.

jimaizumi

by jimaizumi

I think we're all trying to side with you on the argument that you shouldn't accept the the LBS for the replacement. But I can't help to shake the feeling that after what you've been posting that you're trying to give yourself reasons to accept the Enve seatpost.

I guess its all up to you and if you like the seatpost, then why not. However, from a financial standpoint, even if the AX came free with your bike, it doesn't mean that you can be offered something from a lower price point to offset the loss. Whether the be old or discontinued (both in this case), the replacement value needs to come close to what it was at the time it was offered.. In this case, I would opt for a THM seatpost but thats just me.

Since, in this case, the seatpost is no longer offered and it seems you're ok with the Enve, I'd ask for the difference back in cash.. at least that way, it would at least make the deal a bit more reasonable.
THE PAST: 2005 C'dale R700, 2006 Spesh S-Works Tarmac Gerolsteiner, 2009 Pinarello Dogma FPX My Way, 2011 Time RXR VIP

THE PRESENT: 2016 Colnago C60 ST01, 2017 Wilier Cento 10 Ramato, Cinelli Gazetta

THE FUTURE: :mrgreen: :mrgreen:

tabl10s

by tabl10s

jimaizumi wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 1:28 am
I think we're all trying to side with you on the argument that you shouldn't accept the the LBS for the replacement. But I can't help to shake the feeling that after what you've been posting that you're trying to give yourself reasons to accept the Enve seatpost.

I guess its all up to you and if you like the seatpost, then why not. However, from a financial standpoint, even if the AX came free with your bike, it doesn't mean that you can be offered something from a lower price point to offset the loss. Whether the be old or discontinued (both in this case), the replacement value needs to come close to what it was at the time it was offered.. In this case, I would opt for a THM seatpost but thats just me.

Since, in this case, the seatpost is no longer offered and it seems you're ok with the Enve, I'd ask for the difference back in cash.. at least that way, it would at least make the deal a bit more reasonable.
The original owner was lighter than I and the AX wouldn't have been the best match for me which is why I couldn't use the Reynolds wheels he had for sale.

Yes , it sucks the post is gone and yes the replacement isn't as prestigious, but the one I get that's perfect for me will be a good one as I don't settle for "reg'lar", "everyday" or "common" ... be it bikes, guitars or audio systems.

I'm finished with this thread. On to the next one.
Last edited by tabl10s on Tue Apr 03, 2018 2:41 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).

guyc

by guyc

What a bizarre thread.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Zakalwe

by Zakalwe

Just glad we could help him find peace, somehow