Better bike for endurance

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

morrisond wrote:
07stuntin6r wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:44 pm
jekyll man wrote:The crux of the matter why you got blown away in your crit is you're still rocking a dork disc, and front wheel backwards :wink:

Seriously, i'd think you are going the wrong way. You dont want to be coming farther up and back, but rotate yourself around your hips to come forwards, instead of literally plonking yourself on the saddle and tring to reach the drops.

Obviously you're quite a big chap, so it might be worth getting some wider bars to allow some room for your chest.

FWIW you should be able to ride 50 miles pretty comfortably on pretty much anything, heck i've done twice that on my track bike!
Dork disk? You mean not being 1x? It felt comfortable to me. I can slightly Bend my elbows when reaching the bars. Only thing I've adjusted was my seat forward a little based off the Marks I made from when I first got fitted.

Sent from my SM-N950U using Tapatalk

Dork disc is the plastic protector behind your cassette. Not really needed and it saves weight by removing it. It looks dorky - and your front wheel is on backwards - the Quick release levers are usually on the same side. If your tire is unidirectional it was running backwards.

Oh - and Flip your stem up until you can do your 50 miles.
Oh well yeah I actually didn't notice it was still on there until I put my wheel back on. During the race I had carbon wheels on.

grumpus

by grumpus

If you're in need of a new best friend, bike shop owners are probably lining up already

jih

by jih

07stuntin6r wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:57 am
During the race I had carbon wheels on.
So you own separate, carbon race day wheels, and haven’t completed one medium-distance ride yet?

Guys, at this point pretty sure we’re being trolled.

07stuntin6r

by 07stuntin6r

jih wrote:
07stuntin6r wrote:
Tue Apr 03, 2018 12:57 am
During the race I had carbon wheels on.
So you own separate, carbon race day wheels, and haven’t completed one medium-distance ride yet?

Guys, at this point pretty sure we’re being trolled.
I got them a year ago used after I got my bike so decided to get them setup.

Leviathan

by Leviathan

jih wrote:
Mon Apr 02, 2018 7:28 pm
Guys, can we drop the conversation on how frames are measured?

We all agree that modern frame sizing doesn't make much sense, but we have some numbers that are roughly equivalent between makes even though they don't actually measure anything. They used to measure seattube sizes but they've drifted so far from that that now they're a totally abstract number.

And... that's it. It's not really that intersting.
I was reading something by Alain de Botton reminding us of the importance of the Socratic Method when it comes to public statements, to whit:
"Is is right?"
"Is it nice?"
"Is it HELPFUL?"
Whilst I admit my own hypocracy in posting this, Im not sure what comments on this thread made me think of it in the first place.