Colnago C64 Art Decor - Searching Experience with the new AD-Designs

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ginofausto

by ginofausto

Hello Weight Weenies and Colnago Experts,

unfortunately my Colnago C50 Art Decor PR10 was stolen out of my cellar, almost a year ago. After three month of mourning I ordered (and payed a big deposit) a C60 Art Decor MHCF frame in 50 high geometry in July. I loved the glossy 3k with the airbrushed spots on my C50 and therefore decided to go with the beautiful 2017 MHCF design. I estimated delivery in October. After a request in November I got the answer from the Colnago-importer, it will take a longer time to produce the „high“ frame. On February 9th I learned why - the new C64 was introduced. Colnago had not ever intended to build my ordered C60 high...

So I have to decide now which design I want to order this time (high geometry will be produced at the earliest in Summer). With the new UD-Carbon the cool 3k-glossy isn’t possible anymore - and for me Colnago presumes Art Decor!
There are only two AD designs to choose in 2018: white BFWH or matte blue BFBL.

Here in Austria there is no possibility to view these designs. Did anybody here see the new AD designs with his own eyes? Your experience, pictures and recommendations are very appreciated!

P.S: Thank You „Calnago“ for your C64 review. After my first disappointment I now get excited about the C64.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

guyc

by guyc

I’ve seen them both in th flesh and you honestly can’t go wrong with either. The blue is, IMO, slightly the prettier of the two but we’re talking tiny degrees here. I’m not a huge fan of gold so I’d lean towards the blue because of that.

I collected my PKWH today. I think you’ll be a very happy man.

r4nd0mv4r14bl3

by r4nd0mv4r14bl3

ginofausto wrote:
Sat Mar 24, 2018 8:53 pm
After three month of mourning I ordered (and payed a big deposit) a C60 Art Decor MHCF frame in 50 high geometry in July. I loved the glossy 3k with the airbrushed spots on my C50 and therefore decided to go with the beautiful 2017 MHCF design. I estimated delivery in October. After a request in November I got the answer from the Colnago-importer, it will take a longer time to produce the „high“ frame. On February 9th I learned why - the new C64 was introduced. Colnago had not ever intended to build my ordered C60 high...
MHCF is a really beautiful color scheme, transitions between paint and carbon weave are just perfect. I was also lusting after this frame. Actually, I also ordered an MHCF frame (sloping) in October but recieved the same news as you in February.

Choosing between BFWH and BFBL, surely a matter of taste. But also, one is gloss and the other is matte. Are there any practical differences (longevity of paint, ease of cleaning) that may come with one or the other type? No idea. I've read that gloss is a bit easier to touch up, but maybe it's all the same for the newer paint.

ginofausto

by ginofausto

Thank You guys for your input. Special thanks to Superdomestique for his pictures of the two AD frames in the Gallery thread.

gino

corky

by corky

The blue is much better in real life than any of the pictures. But would love to see a 64 in MHCF

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ginofausto

by ginofausto

I think MHCF works with the glossy paint over weaved 3k carbon and the canny airbrush design. I dont't think it will work with UD-Carbon.
What a pity...