Fake Enve stems or bars? (Verdict: Stem definitely fake, probably bars too…)

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

ms6073

by ms6073

Wookski wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:52 am
This place is going downhill fast
Yes, but it would help if the poster asking the quetion had posted images of teh stem in question
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

Wookski

by Wookski

ms6073 wrote:
Sun Apr 29, 2018 3:47 am
Wookski wrote:
Sat Apr 28, 2018 11:52 am
This place is going downhill fast
Yes, but it would help if the poster asking the quetion had posted images of teh stem in question
What makes you think my response referred to anything but that? Wingguy Is rad.

If you have to ask then it’s probably fake

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dannylou1985

by dannylou1985

Hi , do you know the name from this seller ? pieter2885 ebay username ?
If i am right his name is Marco Rusch from münster . Than it should be fake . This guy sold already enough fake carbon components in Internet , also Specialized frame , Kask Helmet , Zipp handlebars, Specialized has now one case open against him , so we will see if Enve would do the same thing to him .
Best regards
Danny

MayhemSWE

by MayhemSWE

dannylou1985 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:17 pm
If i am right his name is Marco Rusch from münster . Than it should be fake .
Yes you are spot on, pieter2885 was the eBay seller. Name on return address was Carsten Thering but may of course be fake. Either way I did manage to return the counterfeits and get my money back, probably because he didn't want to get kicked off eBay…

dannylou1985

by dannylou1985

MayhemSWE wrote:
Thu May 24, 2018 8:54 am
dannylou1985 wrote:
Wed May 23, 2018 8:17 pm
If i am right his name is Marco Rusch from münster . Than it should be fake .
Yes you are spot on, pieter2885 was the eBay seller. Name on return address was Carsten Thering but may of course be fake. Either way I did manage to return the counterfeits and get my money back, probably because he didn't want to get kicked off eBay…
no, his real name is Marco Rusch.you can find him on facebook
and his Adresse is Erikaweg 12 ,48155 Münster.
he sold me one year ago a fake Specialized Frame,so he stays on my Radar and i already worte ENVE in Germany also,so let´s see what will happend to him.
please be carefully dont send him the Counterfeits back, only if you received your money first and send ENVE the Counterfeits back so he cant sell it to other person.

tricky

by tricky

Just bought some bars from a seemingly legit seller on the Dutch version of eBay, the text on the back looks off - what do you think?
Attachments
E9826EE9-C7A0-4B56-8A37-F4080313F36E.jpeg

glepore

by glepore

Yes, it looks somewhat off. I wouldn't buy any product on ebay at this point that is a "copied" brand unless it was from a seller such as Backcountry or another retail outlet. The fakes are ubiquitous and good. You're not likely to hurt yourself anyway, but why pay Enve prices for $30 carbon bars?
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

TonyM

by TonyM

glepore wrote:Yes, it looks somewhat off. I wouldn't buy any product on ebay at this point that is a "copied" brand unless it was from a seller such as Backcountry or another retail outlet. The fakes are ubiquitous and good. You're not likely to hurt yourself anyway, but why pay Enve prices for $30 carbon bars?
This!

monkeytusmc

by monkeytusmc

I never knew this! I have to be more careful on what I buy now.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

wingguy

by wingguy

tricky wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:21 pm
Just bought some bars from a seemingly legit seller on the Dutch version of eBay, the text on the back looks off - what do you think?
Blatant fake. The matt finish is wrong, the cable routing holes are the wrong shape, the SES bars never had the old school circular logo around the text, the order in which the text is printed top to bottom is wrong, the kerning is so bad it's painful, and finally even the stated dimensions are wrong. An Enve SES bar does not have 85mm of reach or 144mm of drop :lol:

Theologian

by Theologian

My enve stem has a serial number on the box that matches the serial number printed on the stem side when the face plate is taken off. The enve logo is very slightly pressed into the carbon body and torque label is 5.5 nm. I also bought mine off ebay.

glepore

by glepore

So it might be real. Or there may be someone in china printing 10000 enve boxes with the same s/n to go with the 10000 stems with the same sn.
Cysco Ti custom Campy SR mechanical (6.9);Berk custom (5.6); Serotta Ottrott(6.8) ; Anvil Custom steel Etap;1996 Colnago Technos Record

ms6073

by ms6073

Theologian wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 7:12 pm
I also bought mine off ebay.
As I would expect because not everyone on Ebay is out to scam buyers. I have purchased several Enve items from Ebay, most recently a new (other) stem as well as a lightly used two-bolt road seat post for the wife's new gravel bike. The stem was purchased from an individual and the other from a bike shop with a long term presence on Ebay.
- Michael
"People should stop expecting normal from me... seriously, we all know it's never going to happen"

tricky

by tricky

wingguy wrote:
Wed Jul 04, 2018 9:18 am
tricky wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 7:21 pm
Blatant fake. The matt finish is wrong, the cable routing holes are the wrong shape, the SES bars never had the old school circular logo around the text, the order in which the text is printed top to bottom is wrong, the kerning is so bad it's painful, and finally even the stated dimensions are wrong. An Enve SES bar does not have 85mm of reach or 144mm of drop :lol:
Funny, enve support asked for more pictures :lol:

Bought some s-works bars to use instead

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dannylou1985

by dannylou1985

Push :beerchug: