Easy to clean white bartape

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Frankie - B
Admin - In the industry

by Frankie - B

Personally i’ve used fizik, lizard skins and supacaz. The fizik tape was nice and easy to clean, but not to my liking as i found it to thin. LS tape, esp the 3.2 mm variant is great, but like a previous poster said, you either wrap it to tight or to loose. The perfect tension is hard to find. I also discovered that the LS tape dislikes gloves with ‘rough’ leather palms.
Right now i’m on Supacaz silicon tape and that seems to be right on the money. It is a bit more dense then LS, and therefore it doesn’t get thin as quick.

Another rule i follow is that every 3000 kilometer i give my bike a fresh tape. Why? You wash your kit after every ride, because you did sweat, right? You throw your undies, socks and your t-shirt in the laundry basket after wearing them a day, correct? Why? Because you did sweat in that cycling kit and because your undies, socks and shirt, because they picked up bodily particles and sweat.
Now, ffwd to that bartape. Every time you blow your nose or take a quick pee break, you comfortably place your hands back on your bar and take off again.

'Tape was made to wrap your GF's gifts, NOT hold a freakin tire on.'
If you want to see 'meh' content of me and my bike you can follow my life in pictures here!

Multebear

by Multebear

Thank you all. Greatly appreciatet.

Many of you vote for Fizik Microtex, and that is what I'm going to order.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dgasmd

by dgasmd

I use Deda tape and have used Cinelli cork in the past. Both clean well and easily with a Mr Clean white eraser barely wet.

Multebear

by Multebear

I've used the Fizik Microtex a couple of months now, and it definitely stays white - exactly as promised. It's very shiny, a bit too much for my taste, and it's a bit slippery as well. But it certainly is easy to clean.

Thanks for the advices.

LionelB

by LionelB

Any comments on white endurance tacky fizik tapes ? Do they get dirty easily ? I am using their lightweight classic microtex now and while it stays very clean it gets slippery with no gloves in the summer. So I was looking at a white replacement that stays clean and grips more.

zebragonzo

by zebragonzo

LionelB wrote:
Mon Jul 02, 2018 10:22 am
Any comments on white endurance tacky fizik tapes ? Do they get dirty easily ? I am using their lightweight classic microtex now and while it stays very clean it gets slippery with no gloves in the summer. So I was looking at a white replacement that stays clean and grips more.
I've done harlequin wrap with white fizik and black lizardskin. The only problem is that harlequin was not designed for tight bends.
Dimples: Laminar flow separates more easily from a surface than turbulent air. Delayed separation reduces drag. A groove perpendicular to the flow triggers laminar to turbulent conversion. A spinning object uses dimples so an edge always faces the flow.

coriordan

by coriordan

Deda Carbon white has been good for me.