Ordering From Overseas,....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

srshaw

by srshaw

I live in the uk and frequently order from Germany, rose bikes, bike 24 etc. Never had an issue apart from the steepish postage from rose bikes, but they sell spokes so cheap it's still worth it. Delivery is usually within a week which is very good.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dinesh2988

by dinesh2988

Have ordered a lot of stuffs from Starbike, Bike24, Sigmasports & bikediscount and they all have been delivered to me in India within 15days ... Never had any issue with my packages and always selected the cheapest shipping options. I have had few lost packages which was purchased from Aliexpress.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

realisy

by realisy

I registered now just to share my ongoing horrible experience. Ordered from sigmasports to canada, prepaid taxes... what a mistake. Held at customs for missing document for over 8days with no help from cs team nor dhl. I paid about 18% of order amount thinking it would get here smoother and faster. I often order from chainreaction Merlin wiggle.. never had such horrible experience. for me next time..Even if it means to pay more, i am just going with LBS or some other online retailer... i never felt so lost...

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

realisy wrote:
Tue Jun 19, 2018 10:10 pm
I registered now just to share my ongoing horrible experience. Ordered from sigmasports to canada, prepaid taxes... what a mistake. Held at customs for missing document for over 8days with no help from cs team nor dhl. I paid about 18% of order amount thinking it would get here smoother and faster. I often order from chainreaction Merlin wiggle.. never had such horrible experience. for me next time..Even if it means to pay more, i am just going with LBS or some other online retailer... i never felt so lost...
Ive always had great experience with Sigma... I saw the prepay option with Sigma and opted out (see my earlier post in this thread) I paid at the counter when my package came and it was considerably less than what Sigma wanted to collect.. Ive had good experience with bike24... sometimes I don't even end up paying customs when it enters Canada... Ive literally heard stories where your stuff gets tossed in a pay bin and a no pay bin when it comes in the country.. luck of the draw I guess!!

robertbb

by robertbb

I ordered a set of spare Chorus shifters from Merlin. What showed up was a nondescript OEM box, not the retail one. Of course, I may not end up using these and may want to sell them down the track... and OEM packaging reduces their perceived value. I emailed Merlin and they said they have a mix of retail and OEM, don't and won't specify what they are selling on the site as the picking/packing system is "automated", can't guarantee an exchange for the retail version. I promptly returned them for a refund, but have been told they won't cover return shipping at all despite their description failing to state that items may be OEM. Return shipping to the UK ran me AU$50... so I'm down $50 for the whole experience. I escalated to a "manager", who politely told me to go get f*cked.

DO NOT BUY FROM MERLIN CYCLES.

NiFTY

by NiFTY

Have bought from starbike, merlin,r2bike, bike24 and obviously wiggle and chainreaction. Nil issues w any. Starbike will declare under the customs threshold in australia which is handy.
Evo 4.9kg SL3 6.64kg Slice RS 8.89kg viewtopic.php?f=10&t=110579" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;" onclick="window.open(this.href);return false;

RussellS

by RussellS

robertbb wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:31 am
I ordered a set of spare Chorus shifters from Merlin. What showed up was a nondescript OEM box, not the retail one. Of course, I may not end up using these and may want to sell them down the track... and OEM packaging reduces their perceived value. I emailed Merlin and they said they have a mix of retail and OEM, don't and won't specify what they are selling on the site as the picking/packing system is "automated", can't guarantee an exchange for the retail version. I promptly returned them for a refund, but have been told they won't cover return shipping at all despite their description failing to state that items may be OEM. Return shipping to the UK ran me AU$50... so I'm down $50 for the whole experience. I escalated to a "manager", who politely told me to go get f*cked.

I've bought from Merlin several times. Always great prices and good delivery. I bought to use the product, not to resell later. The box or bag the product comes in is of no concern to me. Merlin is a good store.

beanbiken

by beanbiken

I have also purchased from the above listed sellers amd a few more, generally retail packaging but not always [Ribble] but as per RussellS it's the part in the box or bag that counts..........

BB
BB

Coffee & carbon

gotgame

by gotgame

i have send and received worldwide for over 4-5 years now. only once i had problems with a package that i have send to Brazil -> was ''lost'' ( stolen at the local post office there in Brazil. was trackable to the local brazil post office). i always use airmail trackable services. for tracking i use 17track app- is really easy to use. incovenience is that sometimes has delays of 1-2 days. in that case i go to post website and track them there.

Advise: do not use the service to pay up front the import taxes. you will pay more money like this. paying them when you pick up the package is more convenient. that way you can always avoid the import duties if the seller declares low value or doesn't declare the real value of the package.
Colnago e1 gazzetta dello sport - sz52s / Pinarello gan RS ulterga di2 - sz52 / Caadx 2019 vulcano green sz54

exctasy

by exctasy

I've ordered from sigma, bike24, r2,-bike, starbike, merlin, wiggle, crc , delivered to Singapore. Occasionally have issues with wiggle though.
Currently pending a package from bike-components.de, purchased on 13th June, still not in my arms yet...

2lo8

by 2lo8

You're in for disappointment if you expect retail packaging at rock bottom prices from any of the big UK sellers. That being said, they've always treated me well.

But if an eBay seller in China ever wants you to return an item (especially J&L), just leave negative feedback, keep the item, take the loss and hope eBay can help you. Most mail services stop tracking in China, so they (especially J&L) will just pretend they never received it and take both your money and the item, and eBay won't help you.
[14lb(6.35kg) of no carbon fiber]
[2lo8.wordpress.com]
Your one-stop source for information and reviews on cheap eBay bike junk.

robertbb

by robertbb

Been buying from big UK sellers for years..... lots and lots of campy stuff, and this is the first time I've ever received a non-retail packed item.

audioblazer

by audioblazer

Bought a few times from Probikekit.co.uk & SigmaSports.co.uk . Fast , reliable & competitively priced

Orbital

by Orbital

Ordered a ton from Chainreaction, always great. Also Probikekit, good prices, took 3 months to handle a return tho.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

sungod

by sungod

robertbb wrote:
Fri Jun 22, 2018 2:31 am

are you serious?

you ordered chorus shifters

you received chorus shifters

ffs