Ordering From Overseas,....

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

tabl10s

by tabl10s

is something I won't do again unless I can get a trackable number once it arrives in-country.
2015 Pinarello F8: 13.13lbs/5.915kg(w/Roval 64's). Sold.
2016 Rca: 11.07lbs/5.048kg.
2015 Rca. 11.15 lbs(w/Roval CLX 32's)
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).
2018 S-Works SL6 Ultralight 12.03lbs(w/Roval CLX 50's)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

Where were you ordering to country wise.. lots of times ordering from overseas if it gets dumped in the actual mail (ie not Fedex, UPS, DHL) the item will not track... I ordered a jersey and short set from Belgium, they threw it in the mail to Canada, sent me all the tracking info, and the only track I ever saw was that it left Belgium for destination country.. My friend works for Canadapost and literally told me oh we have a secondary tracking system.. told me it was out for delivery.. when I got home there it was... To this date if I track it on the Belgian Post site it still shows it was not delivered 3 months ago!

PJCM

by PJCM

I work in the postal industry and cross-border data exchange on all parcels is due to come into effect from March 2021. The positive side is that everything will have better tracking. The downside is that it enables tax and duty collection on everything.

nmx

by nmx

When you order from www.starbike.com you will always find international/domestic tracking number on the tracking page which you will receive by email. See attached!
Attachments
Unbenannt.PNG

TonyM

by TonyM

ParisCarbon wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 2:05 am
Where were you ordering to country wise.. lots of times ordering from overseas if it gets dumped in the actual mail (ie not Fedex, UPS, DHL) the item will not track... I ordered a jersey and short set from Belgium, they threw it in the mail to Canada, sent me all the tracking info, and the only track I ever saw was that it left Belgium for destination country.. My friend works for Canadapost and literally told me oh we have a secondary tracking system.. told me it was out for delivery.. when I got home there it was... To this date if I track it on the Belgian Post site it still shows it was not delivered 3 months ago!
I track it via the postal service of the country of origin as well as in the Canada Post tracking system
As soon as it arrives in Canada, the tracking in the Canada Post system is accurate.

RussellS

by RussellS

tabl10s wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 1:59 am
is something I won't do again unless I can get a trackable number once it arrives in-country.
Why? I've ordered from shops in France, England, Germany, Netherlands. All arrived just fine. Not sure if they sent me an email or not. I don't recall any tracking thing like UPS sends so you know whst date it is supposed to arrive. The packages just got delivered. Shipping time seemed fine to me since they came from Europe. Its nice if I get an email saying exactly what date it is supposed to arrive. But I recently got an email saying the package was going to be delivered on Wednesday. But it actually arrived on Thursday. So the tracking thing you talk about ain't always correct.

tabl10s

by tabl10s

ParisCarbon wrote:
Hungary. No tracking once stateside(Schmolke TLO bars landed four days ago).
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).

2old4this

by 2old4this

Merlin provides their own tracking number (from Spain???) and a second one for USPS. Works OK, except it takes 2 weeks to get the items...

mattr

by mattr

So Hungary to US and a 4 day information black out?

It's sat in a customs compound somewhere waiting to be released, so no ones scanning it into the US system.
I get this when i order from the US, or China. You can see it arriving in Europe, then nothing for a week while they sit on their hands.

Whether the US shipper has a tracking system is another discussion altogether!

yinya

by yinya

Kids play...ordered from Starbike to Brazil mid December last year. I might finally receive it next week...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

dricked

by dricked

I’ve ordered a lot of things from overseas. Sometimes it’s quick and other times it takes 3 weeks. If I need it quickly or I can get it from my LBS, and it’s not twice the price, I’ll go there first.

tabl10s

by tabl10s

Update:

Went to local Post Office and with their super computers, they were able to locate it in NY where it was sent out yesterday to arrive in California next week.

I still can't track it in-country.

Update :

Got it yesterday. The Schmolke TLO is a nice looking bar.
Last edited by tabl10s on Tue Mar 27, 2018 2:46 pm, edited 1 time in total.
2015 Rca/NOS(sold).

kafreeman

by kafreeman

2old4this wrote:Merlin provides their own tracking number (from Spain???) and a second one for USPS. Works OK, except it takes 2 weeks to get the items...
Past two orders from them sat in NY customs for 10 days. Once out it arrived in 2 days.

Sent from my SM-G965U using Tapatalk

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

TonyM wrote:
Fri Mar 23, 2018 5:22 am
ParisCarbon wrote:
I track it via the postal service of the country of origin as well as in the Canada Post tracking system
As soon as it arrives in Canada, the tracking in the Canada Post system is accurate.
All depends on how the shipper sent the item... mine was sent to Canada via registered... registered mail sits different in the Canada post tracking world.. anything Ive ever ordered from ribble to canada always tracks with the parcelforce or royalmail tracking the sent.... Im guessing the original poster had his item sent registered with a signature required, and the US postal system has the same internal only tracking system..

Also on a sidenote..if you are ordering to Canada say from sigmasport or similar, they give you the option to pay the taxes up front... do not do this!! My package arrived via DHL from Sigma and the taxes I owed were half of what the site was trying to charge me if I prepaid!

TonyM

by TonyM

ParisCarbon wrote: Also on a sidenote..if you are ordering to Canada say from sigmasport or similar, they give you the option to pay the taxes up front... do not do this!! My package arrived via DHL from Sigma and the taxes I owed were half of what the site was trying to charge me if I prepaid!

Thanks for the info!!!!!!!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com