EW-910 Unit

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Stymee

by Stymee

Hello, Any info would help.

I have 3T Bars, I know they are hollow. My question is, when usinghe Y-Splitter cable all I need is one wire going into the 910 and up to the right shifter? Once I wire the Y-Splitter to the R/L Shifter all I need to do is run the Splitter out of the bars to the D-Fly and then run a cable to the junction box B.

After that I wire the battery to the junction box B, then connect my FR Dur. to junction box B?

That’s it?

The DI2 doesn’t have specific ports to power itself up? It just needs a complete circuit? I will NOT be using climbing buttons, just normal DI2 setup but with D-Fly and 910.

Once I power the system, if I turn on my garmin will the D-Fly recognize my system? I have a stages PM and wanna toggle through the garmin via the hood buttons (Garmin screen setup)

Lastly on the other bar end side, the tape is going to look funny since the 910 has that 2 piece cup that goes around it, what did u guys do to make the left side look equal in size once wrapped?

Thanks,
Stymee

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dricked

by dricked

As long as everything is plugged in you’re good to go.

Not sure about the Garmin but I’m sure it’s straight foreword and someone will answer.

The bar end junction comes with a second dummy type bar end that matches.

Hamfist

by Hamfist

Its CAN-BUS. You just plug everything in and it figures it out. Using the new 'Y' cable, one end to one shifter, one to the other. If using the bar plug Junction A then one shorter wire from your right shifter to A. Then, the remaining 'Y' wire to your wireless unit then to Junction B. Junction B to your battery and derailleurs.

Hamfist

by Hamfist

...As for the left bar plug...there's no good solution that I've seen. I have 2 D/A 9100 Di2 bikes and have two different bar plugs on each left side. I wish Shitmano would come up with a matching plug.

Hamfist

by Hamfist

...you'll have to add Di2 in your Garmin just like you'd have to add any other wireless item, such as your PM. IIRC the Garmin will let you assign your shifter top buttons but it's flaky...I *think* you can use e-tube to do it, too.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

You can also install without the y-cable. We usually plug the left shifter into the right and then with the 2nd port in the right shifter you can plug in the 910. Then the 910 into the downtube where we usually put the wireless transmitter.

You'll need to manually add the Garmin.

Hamfist

by Hamfist

madcow wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:04 pm
You can also install without the y-cable. We usually plug the left shifter into the right and then with the 2nd port in the right shifter you can plug in the 910. Then the 910 into the downtube where we usually put the wireless transmitter.

You'll need to manually add the Garmin.
That's a good point. The way that Shimano designed it there's multiple ways you can wire it up.

dricked

by dricked

Hamfist wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:48 pm
...As for the left bar plug...there's no good solution that I've seen. I have 2 D/A 9100 Di2 bikes and have two different bar plugs on each left side. I wish Shitmano would come up with a matching plug.
Both of my bikes have the di2 dummy plug in the other side of the bar. It all comes in the package together.

Hamfist

by Hamfist

dricked wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 5:45 pm
Hamfist wrote:
Both of my bikes have the di2 dummy plug in the other side of the bar. It all comes in the package together.
Really? How can I have missed it...I'll dig back into the boxes. Do you have a pic? When you say it all comes in the package do you mean the Junction A package?

dricked

by dricked

Hamfist wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:16 pm
dricked wrote:
Hamfist wrote:
Really? How can I have missed it...I'll dig back into the boxes. Do you have a pic? When you say it all comes in the package do you mean the Junction A package?
I’ll take a pic later. Yup it’s all together in the box/bag.

Hamfist

by Hamfist

dricked wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:52 pm
Hamfist wrote:
dricked wrote:
Hamfist wrote:
No bother...I looked at my spare parts and I get it now. It didn't click at the time but now I see why I had those extra parts. I guess I'll unwrap the bars and do it correctly! Thanks for the offer, tho!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

dricked

by dricked

Hamfist wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 9:29 pm
dricked wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 7:52 pm
Hamfist wrote:
dricked wrote:

No bother...I looked at my spare parts and I get it now. It didn't click at the time but now I see why I had those extra parts. I guess I'll unwrap the bars and do it correctly! Thanks for the offer, tho!
No problem!