Suggestions for light-weight saddle *with* padding?

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dbnm

by dbnm

My new Specialized S-Works Arc Saddle, 143mm.
Attachments
Screen Shot 2018-03-24 at 4.47.49 PM.png

C36

by C36

Should have my Meld saddle in Houston by next week, will let you know the weight but will be sub 130g with a fit that none other saddle will ever provide, even the one I felt comfortable. Seems my Toupe in 130 is still too wide, then tend to sit a bit further in the front (narrower section) in a place where the shell doesn't flex as intended...
On top of all the benefit of the custom manufacturing to you butt and preferences just realised you have a crash replacement policy (Edit: 66 and 33%) and could get the saddle refurbished if damaged.
Finally if the fit is really not good they reimburse.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk
Last edited by C36 on Sun Mar 25, 2018 2:58 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Wookski

by Wookski

I love how people consider >130g saddles to be “light weight”

Rick

by Rick

Just another idea.
In the search for the perfect saddle, it sometimes happens that you find a good one, it wears out, and you find it has been discontinued, so you can't buy another.
OR, you find a near perfect saddle, but which that it had just a little more (or less) padding in a certain spot.

This guy does a great job of recovering old saddles and making custom alterations :
http://www.recoveredcycling.com/

No connection; just a satisfied customer.

Most people who do long rides and races will gladly trade a few increased grams for comfort, if it really makes you more comfortable.

Everyone is different, but it always seemed to me that finding the perfect shape and width is more important than the amount of padding. A saddle can be "very comfy" but if just one spot is driving you nuts after 80 miles it can be like Chinese water toture. :)

jeanjacques

by jeanjacques

Ritchey Superlogic Streem, 115-120g, flex and padding.