Mcfk Seat Post actual weight

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

dbnm

by dbnm

I finally got my hands on the new Mcfk seatpost (30.9/420) and although it's really nice, it is much heavier than Mcfk claims.

Mcfk says the post weighs 153g ( 5% range of tolerance)
Fairwheel claims 145g

On my digital scale, which is accurate, shows 173g.

Ugh. Considering the time I spent waiting for this and the $335 cost, I'm rather disappointed.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

moyboy

by moyboy

Odd, and way off the 5% tolerance range. Possible to exchange? or it's too expensive to ship back overseas at your cost?

Here is a pic of a 320 / 30.9 being weighed at R2 Bike

https://r2-bike.com/MCFK-Seatpost-Carbon-UD-matt-309-mm

C36

by C36

Indeed disappointing and no acceptable for the price!
This weekend i was on the market for a light seat post and in this price range Darimo is the way to go: sub 100g (and reliable weights from what I saw). Edit: and covers supersix evo2 25.4mm size
I would be you I would request a refund and get a Darimo.

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant TapatalkImage
Last edited by C36 on Wed Mar 21, 2018 2:37 pm, edited 1 time in total.

dbnm

by dbnm

I can't return it as I already installed it. Mcfk was emailed a week ago about this and as of this writing, they have not responded.

The Ritchey Superlogic post I was using weighed 175g. I definitely won't be buying Mcfk again.

Vermu

by Vermu

Anyone else using Mcfk posts?
I’m using anchor now and planning to shed some weight.
Mcfk was high on my list due weight and weight limit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

spdntrxi

by spdntrxi

after seeing the weights of the Darimo... I'm going there.
My current AX-L post is 115g and my MCFK stem is 97g...so no way would I accept those high weight of the MCFK post.
2024 BMC TeamMachine R Building
2018 BMC TImeMachine Road
2002 Moots Compact-SL- getting aero look makeover
2019 Parlee Z0XD - "classified"
2023 Pivot E-Vault - completed project, full Xplr package

oldturd

by oldturd

I actually came across a post on Instagram a few days ago about someone else complaining about the actual weight vs claimed weight for MCFK. Wonder if this is more common than we'd like to believe.

dbnm

by dbnm

I bought the post based on the info on the Fairwheel site. I tried to buy it from them but they were out of stock until May or something like that so I bought it from Nice bikes in Denver who ordered the post and got it to me in 10 days or so.

Fairwheel knows about the weight discrepancy but has yet to update their site. Same for Mcfk.

30 grams is a big difference.

Marin

by Marin

I just got an Elita One setback seatpost that cost me like 40$, it's 350mm 27.2 and weighs 141g uncut.

L3X

by L3X

That's why you should weigh these kind of parts before installing them. If they are outside of ~5% of advertised weight you just send it back because it's not according to specs.

mike
Resident Pro

by mike

if you got the UD post, it will weigh more than advertised. the advertised is for the standard post. UD adds some more grams to that.

4ibanez

by 4ibanez

My Darimo should finally arrive in the coming days. I'll add some scale pictures when it gets here.

There should be some customisation assuming they've followed my request, so it's not the best benchmark to use. Based on the weight they told me, the claimed weights might be slightly optimistic, but should be pretty accurate. Or maybe the customisation just doesn't save much from an already very light post. Both possible conclusions.

madcow
Shop Owner

by madcow

dbnm wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:46 pm
I bought the post based on the info on the Fairwheel site. I tried to buy it from them but they were out of stock until May or something like that so I bought it from Nice bikes in Denver who ordered the post and got it to me in 10 days or so.

Fairwheel knows about the weight discrepancy but has yet to update their site. Same for Mcfk.

Sorry about the difference in weight. The listed weights on our site were based on the first version and in 3k finish, the latest version gained some weight and then the UD finish adds a few more grams. We usually pride ourselves on having a very accurate site, but in this case we failed to update our website with the changes. The weights have now been updated on our site to reflect actual weight based on averages of posts in stock. Occasionally issues like this do come up and we're more than happy to take returns because of it and we'd normally cover return shipping as well.

dbnm

by dbnm

Thank you for the post.

I try to get all of my gear from you but needed this post right away.

madcow wrote:
Thu Mar 22, 2018 4:55 pm
dbnm wrote:
Wed Mar 21, 2018 5:46 pm

Sorry about the difference in weight. The listed weights on our site were based on the first version and in 3k finish, the latest version gained some weight and then the UD finish adds a few more grams. We usually pride ourselves on having a very accurate site, but in this case we failed to update our website with the changes. The weights have now been updated on our site to reflect actual weight based on averages of posts in stock. Occasionally issues like this do come up and we're more than happy to take returns because of it and we'd normally cover return shipping as well.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

C36

by C36

mike wrote:if you got the UD post, it will weigh more than advertised. the advertised is for the standard post. UD adds some more grams to that.
Indeed it's listed in the website +7g for ud finish (now if on 250 or 400mm it's not mentioned).
My order should be placed by week end in the 70g range!

Envoyé de mon iPhone en utilisant Tapatalk