Campagnolo 12-Speed

Discuss light weight issues concerning road bikes & parts.
ParisCarbon
Posts: 1081
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:39 am
Location: Winnipeg Canada

by ParisCarbon

LionelB wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 7:48 pm
If it is wireless I am the first order in :)
Forget that I need 2 groups.. one for my Tarmac SL6 and one for my Venge... Raptor and Falcon need some Italian lovin :D


zappafile123
Posts: 360
Joined: Sun Jun 01, 2014 8:24 am

by zappafile123

c60rider wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:54 pm
mag wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:22 pm
zappafile123 wrote:
Thu Oct 04, 2018 3:13 pm
I just bought a 6-piece 12spd groupset (no brakes or cranks) which I plan to used with 11spd chainrings on a Type-S power2max. I'll let ya'll know to what degree it works in the coming weeks!
I think You'd better add 12s chainrings to the set.
I'd take a bet the 11 speed rings will work. I'd love to see some pics of how the 12 speed chain looks on the 11 rings teeth and how much space there is compared to the 11 speed chain. Historically we've always been able to use chainrings that are one size different for example i used 10 speed rings with 11 speed. As tolerances get less it gets tighter but I'm sure it will work well just not perfectly. It's whether you can tell there's a difference in function i would suspect not.
I'll take some photos. Honestly I wouldn't be doing it if I thought it wasnt going to work. I know someone whose done it and apparently it works just fine. The key thing, however, is how well it works. For example, running a shimano cassette works just fine, but its impossible to get shifting super clean accross the entire cassette - there's always a sluggish spot. At this stage I cant put 12spd rings on becuase I have the 5-bolt version of the campagnolo P2M.
De Rosa Protos | Bianchi Oltre XR4 |BMC SLR01 16 |Cannondale SS Evo HM 12| Focus Izalco Max | Ridley Helium SL 15 | Basso Diamante 15 | Bianchi Oltre XR2 | Scapin Dyseys S8 | Time ZXRS | Giant TCR SL 12 | Ridley Noah 08 | Look 585 | Cervelo Soloist SLC

mag
Posts: 242
Joined: Thu Mar 16, 2017 12:23 pm

by mag

zappafile123 wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 12:09 am
At this stage I cant put 12spd rings on becuase I have the 5-bolt version of the campagnolo P2M.
Aah I see. I was suggesting it because it should make that solution better without having to replace the whole crankset.
I'm sure it will still work - most likely slightly better with longer chainstays - but as you say it won't be as good as it could be.

scb
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 4:16 pm

by scb

Is there any certainty to Colgnago making EPS v4 announcement in November?

avispa
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:36 am

by avispa

scb wrote:
Fri Oct 05, 2018 2:46 pm
Is there any certainty to Colgnago making EPS v4 announcement in November?
Colnago??? why Colnago?

scb
Posts: 120
Joined: Wed May 27, 2009 4:16 pm

by scb

Sorry meant Campy EPS v4. Also waiting on Colgnago!

fogman
Posts: 807
Joined: Fri Oct 30, 2009 10:36 pm

by fogman

Colnago........Campagnolo. They both start with the letter “C” and end with the letter “O”. As a matter of fact, “Colnago” is an anagram of “Campagnolo”.


Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Last edited by fogman on Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:37 am, edited 2 times in total.
It's all downhill from here, except for the uphills.

Butcher
Shop Owner
Posts: 854
Joined: Sun Jan 03, 2010 4:58 am

by Butcher

:lol:

avispa
Posts: 242
Joined: Tue Mar 11, 2008 2:36 am

by avispa

fogman wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:37 am
Colnago........Campagnolo. They both start with the letter “C” and end with the letter “O”. As a matter of fact, “Colnago” is an anagram of “Campagnolo”.
I tried this and came up with Colnagolo, Campagnago, Campolango.... geeezz.. :shock: :D

User avatar
dgasmd
Posts: 1445
Joined: Sun Apr 15, 2007 5:10 am
Location: South Florida

by dgasmd

scb wrote:Is there any certainty to Colgnago making EPS v4 announcement in November?
The more I think of V4, the release, 12 sp, etc the more I’m convinced this “news release” is going to be a huge disappointment and flop for all of us waiting for wireless!!

User avatar
themidge
Posts: 892
Joined: Fri Jan 13, 2017 4:19 pm
Location: yer ma

by themidge

fogman wrote:
Sat Oct 06, 2018 2:37 am
As a matter of fact, “Colnago” is an anagram of “Campagnolo”.
Eh? There are three extra letters in 'campagnolo', perhaps something could be made of the 'a' 'm' and 'p' though :wink:.

liam7020
Posts: 892
Joined: Tue Jul 27, 2010 10:04 am

by liam7020

dgasmd wrote:
Mon Oct 08, 2018 6:32 pm

The more I think of V4, the release, 12 sp, etc the more I’m convinced this “news release” is going to be a huge disappointment and flop for all of us waiting for wireless!!
100% this!!
Tarmac SL6 & Campag Record EPS https://weightweenies.starbike.com/foru ... 0&t=153968

"Sometimes you don't need a plan. You just need big balls." Tom Boonen

angrylegs
Posts: 135
Joined: Mon May 21, 2012 2:32 pm

by angrylegs

Well it's not going to be wireless. Haven't seen any indication of a battery port on the rear derailleur, much as I wish it would be wireless.

ooo
Posts: 628
Joined: Sat May 21, 2016 12:59 pm

by ooo

it is possible to track future wireless product releases using FCC listing

Campa can make almost-wireless solution like FSA WE, it is much easier to develop
'


ParisCarbon
Posts: 1081
Joined: Mon Feb 05, 2007 5:39 am
Location: Winnipeg Canada

by ParisCarbon

Don't give up on em yet... like Graeme said ont he earlier page... who knows what we just saw... maybe that was the Chorus 12 EPS being tested, maybe thats what we are getting.. I personally think (and hope) we are in for a big surprise... They kept the lid on Mech 12 pretty good Id say...

Post Reply
  • Similar Topics
    Replies
    Views
    Last post