Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Miller

by Miller

Willy86 wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 9:38 pm
I'm having a problem with the rear derailleur of my SR EPS. Until yesterday everything was working fine, but now effectively the indexing has shifted 1 gear up; it only goes down till the 12t (while indicating it as the 11t in the app) and if I shift up completely it throws the chain off the casette. It is like the system remembered incorrectly the last position and now everything moved up 1 gear. Should I just re-index or can I shift / correct the indexing by 1 gear in some easier way?
I would do a rear mech zero reset in your situation, most likely this will fix it, doing a reset only takes a minute or two. I speculate that the interface memory can become corrupted with long uptime. I think it actually helps to turn EPS off with the magnetic band once in a while.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Mines all sorted now cheers guys just needed a little fiddling with

Sent from my M2101K6G using Tapatalk

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shmitt

by Shmitt

usr wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 10:47 pm
Shmitt wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 7:34 pm
Currently, I'm just waiting for a custom-made frame and I've already completed the Campagnolo group. I have a question - where can I buy, if Ican buy at all, the gear cable? So far, I have only seen in the Maximum Smoothness kit, and I would like to buy only the gear cable.
Unlike the Ultra Low Friction kit which supplied both brakes and derailleurs, the The Maximum Smoothness kit is derailleurs only. Welcome to the age of hydraulic brakes, prices habe been adjusted for your convenience.

(Or did you mean something else by "only the gear cable"? Inners only are listed in a very small number of online shops on the entire Google index, but the price will drive you back to the full kit. I'm currently on the highest grade Jagwire and I'm undecided about a noticeable difference)
should Iworry about the difference in diameter? The gear wire from Campagnolo has a diameter of 1.2 mm, while that of Jagwire is 1.1 mm.

usr

by usr

Personally, l don't. But I have a TMS kit in reserve, so I guess the next time I want to replace the RD cable I might do a full wiring rebuild, maybe the comparison old ultraslicks vs new TMS will win me over again.

dgdracing

by dgdracing

Today I started to put my bike to its winter sleep, after 3 years and 18.000km the pulley wheels barely moved especially to lower one. Luckily the set for Record-12s is only 23€. Each year I kept using only one chain for around 6000km. Since the cassette is not "that cheap" I am wondering how I can determine its wear? I will regrease my 240s anyway so dissably will happen anyhow :)

Matija

by Matija

Are there any rumours about 12s disc EPS Chorus or any non Super Record disc EPS groupset?

DaveS

by DaveS

A cassette is worn out when new-chain skip occurs on some of the most used sprockets, under heavy pedaling pressure. I alternate the use of several chains so I never get new-chain skip.

wilwil

by wilwil

Nickldn wrote:
Mon Oct 11, 2021 11:09 pm
As far as I know these Maximum Smoothness inners are not available separately.

To replace a cable which frayed I bought a 'normal' Campy inner gear cable for the RD, to use with a Maximum Smoothness outer. Works fine.

I think Jagwire make a 'lower friction' Campy compatible gear cable, which may be good too.
Thats intresting. I have it on good authority that the 12s outer is identical to the 11s outer other than the silver writing is different. So basically you're using 11 speed cable and it works. I think the inner 12 speed cables are available seperately

RyanH

by RyanH

It's been a long long time since I've used mechanical group sets and even when I did, I ran them in a molested, mish mash state where they probably never fully functioned as intended (e.g. campy with sram cassettes).

For you on Campy mech, how often do you have a misshift or chain hesitates to shift?

Lina

by Lina

RyanH wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:54 am
It's been a long long time since I've used mechanical group sets and even when I did, I ran them in a molested, mish mash state where they probably never fully functioned as intended (e.g. campy with sram cassettes).

For you on Campy mech, how often do you have a misshift or chain hesitates to shift?
If I have misshifts or the chain hesitates to shift it's because I changed something (chain/wheel/cassette) and it requires a touch of the barrel adjuster. Once properly adjusted practically never.

Leon

by Leon

dgdracing wrote:
Sat Oct 16, 2021 6:48 pm
Today I started to put my bike to its winter sleep, after 3 years and 18.000km the pulley wheels barely moved especially to lower one. Luckily the set for Record-12s is only 23€. Each year I kept using only one chain for around 6000km. Since the cassette is not "that cheap" I am wondering how I can determine its wear? I will regrease my 240s anyway so dissably will happen anyhow :)
So you did 18.000km on one SuperRecord cassette using a new chain every 6000km? Would be good to know the reference. Thanks!
Ride bikes, not tanks!

TribesMan

by TribesMan

My Chorus cassette is at 45.000km, I change the chain roughly every 10.000km.
I'm 80kg...

rollinslow

by rollinslow

RyanH wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 5:54 am

Two 12 speed mech groups form campy and zero issues even once. Had many more with DA9100 and 9000 especially in cold weather.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

dgdracing

by dgdracing

Leon wrote:
Wed Oct 27, 2021 7:55 am

So you did 18.000km on one SuperRecord cassette using a new chain every 6000km? Would be good to know the reference. Thanks!
Exactly. I will upload pictures of current cassette and new then we can see if anyone sees some wear :)

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

escott

by escott

I did a search and read all the posts I could find in this thread, but it's still not totally clear to me:

Is there any functional difference in braking power/caliper stiffness between the new Record brakes and the Chorus skeleton brakes? All else being equal I'll just save the money and go Chorus.