Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

i think it has been talked about a number of times in this thread previously, the campy TT hydraulic levers have been rumored but never seen. it's now finally shown on a the new Colnago TT1. the levers look rather smart.
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Sin2000

by Sin2000

Looks like a new disc brake full disc rear wheel too. (too many discs!) Presumably tubeless? Up til now and as far as I could tell UAE have been riding TTs with tubeless front wheels and tubular rears. Is the front wheel new too?

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

Sin2000 wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 11:30 am
Looks like a new disc brake full disc rear wheel too. (too many discs!) Presumably tubeless? Up til now and as far as I could tell UAE have been riding TTs with tubeless front wheels and tubular rears. Is the front wheel new too?
Colnago instagram account has a close up of the rear wheel, it's a tubeless/clincher Pirelli on both front and rear. :beerchug:
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

ErnestoPan

by ErnestoPan

micky wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:33 pm
I confirm, it's a great feature.
Can somebody remind us please how to do this? (or point us to the relevant instructions)
Thanks

itsacarr

by itsacarr

ErnestoPan wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:51 pm
micky wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 9:33 pm
I confirm, it's a great feature.
Can somebody remind us please how to do this? (or point us to the relevant instructions)
Thanks
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=MqzrWuuceNU
https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... _07_21.pdf

Ride setting equals adjustment for whole cassette // Single Sprocket is each individual sprocket
Just ride ..

micky

by micky

ErnestoPan wrote:
Thu May 05, 2022 7:51 pm
Thanks
Put the chain on the cog you need to adjust and keep pressed the right side lever button (the setup one) until the light turn on; than you can do the micro adjustments.
Once you found the magic spot, press the button again once, twice and you should get a green light.
Easier to do than explaining.

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Sin2000 wrote:
Also a new Ultra WTO 80. (It has hidden nipples so should be legit rather than being a standard WTO with stickers.) I really like the white & red decals instead of the copper colour on current ones, which shouts luxury goods to me instead of racing wheels..
Attachments
Screenshot 2022-05-06 at 12.22.02.png

jlok

by jlok

Llanberis wrote:
Fri May 06, 2022 12:24 pm
Sin2000 wrote:
Also a new Ultra WTO 80. (It has hidden nipples so should be legit rather than being a standard WTO with stickers.) I really like the white & red decals instead of the copper colour on current ones, which shouts luxury goods to me instead of racing wheels..
With your comment I think the Bora Ultro WTO is a success.
Rikulau V9 DB Custom < BMC TM02 < Litespeed T1sl Disc < Giant Propel Advanced SL Disc 1 < Propel Adv < TCR Adv SL Disc < KTM Revelator Sky < CAAD 12 Disc < Domane S Disc < Alize < CAAD 10

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Yeah, they did alright, and I get that's how they want to pitch these latest gen Ultra wheels, just look at those press images and graphics, all aiming to create these exclusive and luxurious feelings. Not my cup of tea, but fair play for their marketing department.

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Alot to comment on here, but the nerd in me is really only excited for that tubeless disc brake Ghibli.
/swoon
Just ride ..

pdavis91

by pdavis91

I looking for a little help with my new 12-speed Record setup. Specifically with switching between the 11-29 and 11-34 cassette.

I'm having to add a whole lot of "b-tension" in order to get the chain to shift up to the 34T cog. So much so that it seems to lead to compromised shifting in the smaller sprockets. The gear changes just become sloppy and lag.

I wonder about needing a bit more chain length, but the campy setup recommendations seem to suggest the same chain length regardless of cassette. According to the geometry charts, my 60cm CAAD12 has 407mm chainstays and puts me square in their "110 link" window, but when I'm running the 11-34 with my 53/39, I know I'm stretching the chain pretty far.

I've been told that the CAAD12's use a pretty short hanger, but I'd be surprised if it was short enough to throw the shifting. Doesn't look particularly short compared to some others.

I'm kind of at a loss at this point. It shifts beautifully with my 11-29 cassette - sublime-, but I really do expect better performance when I head to the big mountains. What am I doing wrong?

(Yes my rear mech has the 34t markings on the back)

rollinslow

by rollinslow

I would double check your chain length. Otherwise there should be no issue since you have the 34t updated rear mech and it shifts the 29t fine.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

DouglasDDX

by DouglasDDX

Hey! I’m new here and have some questions for you experts!
I’m looking to upgrade my groupset on my rim brake bike from a standard shimano 105 R7000 with tektro brakes to a Chorus 12 speed.

I understand that more than the groupset I would need to buy a new bb and freehub body for my wheels. Anything else I should be thinking about? Do the cables for the campagnolo system differ from the shimano ones?

Also I have a pair of vision team30 wheels for winter riding. Would this body work with the chorus 12 speed cassette?

https://www.bikester.co.uk/fsa-vision-c ... 80565.html

g00se

by g00se

DouglasDDX wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:35 am
Do the cables for the campagnolo system differ from the shimano ones?
Hi - Yes, you'll need to re-cable as the ends are different If you try to use Shimano gear cables, you'll have the mushrooms jam within the shifter body. However, when you buy the Campag levers, they'll come with cables.
Last edited by g00se on Wed May 25, 2022 12:16 pm, edited 1 time in total.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

g00se

by g00se

DouglasDDX wrote:
Wed May 25, 2022 8:35 am

Also I have a pair of vision team30 wheels for winter riding. Would this body work with the chorus 12 speed cassette?

https://www.bikester.co.uk/fsa-vision-c ... 80565.html
Yes - up until 13-speed, Campag freehubs will work from 9 to 12 speed.