Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Leon

by Leon

rudye9mr wrote:
Fri Apr 22, 2022 3:10 pm
The blue seems to include the ability to straighten rotors i.e. more than one function vs red.
the red one does that too.
Ride bikes, not tanks!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

robertbb

by robertbb

Looks like the disc calipers have gotten a re-work. They look visually quite different from the existing (old) ones. Performance improvements and appear to be easier to work with as well:

image sharing sites

StiffWeenies

by StiffWeenies

robertbb wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:25 pm
Looks like the disc calipers have gotten a re-work. They look visually quite different from the existing (old) ones. Performance improvements and appear to be easier to work with as well:

image sharing sites
I believe these have been out for a while now. They're derived from the DB-EK140 Ekar caliper. DB-F161, DB-R161 and DB-R141 versus the old Magura designed DB-F160, DB-R160 and DB-R140 that debuted with H11.

wilwil

by wilwil

robertbb wrote:
Sat Apr 23, 2022 1:25 pm

image sharing sites
These are the ones that came with my Chorus gruppo last October.

Llanberis

by Llanberis

Shmitt wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 1:32 pm
welchy wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 12:18 pm
Moltobene wrote:
Thu Mar 10, 2022 11:52 am
Can anybody tell me what the best regular (i.e. non-ceramic) bearing option for Ultratorque cranks is?
Ideally, I'd get bearings from the likes of SKF or FAG like I did for my Powertorque setup, but that is not possible because of the 6805N non-standard bearings. However, the CULT bearings are made by FAG, so is there any option of well made, high quality steel bearings? I've read that the regular fc-re012 aren't as high quality as the price suggests.
I'm just running standard campy bearings on my record 12, but ive replaced the DS bearings twice and non DS once, I feel the quality isn't the best, but the price is! At something like $30 a set rather than $120 for CUlT etc I don't mind changing them out, i'm using the eBay chinese (probably) UT tool and has worked brilliantly, better than speding $300 on the campy tool!
What tool do you use to change bearings on Campagnolo 12s UT?
For extraction, Kukko 43-2 is your good friend (but you will need some spacer / cap to sit between the puller and the spindle so the later doesn't get damaged during the process).

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

caballero wrote:I saw today a proto Campagnolo groupset that is in the final stages of being tested.

I was told, and could see - 13 speed / wireless / updated brake calipers... and separate buttons like Shimanos sprint shifters !!

was still in aluminum so unsure of what the final finish will look like.

Should be a nice successor to the eps 12 speed.
Doubt very much it is 13 speed. But what would someone at a Campag service centre know?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

moock

by moock

Hey, not sure if this is the right thread or if I should make new topic for this question

i do have a BBright Frame and want to install a Campagnolo Crankset.
As I have bad experience with my last BBright frame (BB drive out while riding and destroyed the frame - but thats another story) I want/must/need a threadtogether BB this time.

But there is no BBright-threadtogether-Campagnolo on the market.

As I own a lathe I want to machine my own BBright-threadtogether-Campagnolo Bottombracket.

I actually never owned or used or installed a Campagnolo Crankset soI have a few Questions.

a)The Bearings coming pre installed on the Crankset are pressed onto the axle. Correct?
If yes, what is the type of fit beween the Bearings and the BB-Shell?

b)How far are the Bearings apart from each other or what is the axle width?
(I'd prefer numbers coming officially from campagnolo - if they are not public, anyone knows or measured it?)

I have access to nearly any grade of aluminium, delrin or could also do a combination of both (like ninja token i think?)

thank you !

Attermann

by Attermann

moock

by moock

Attermann wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:01 pm
https://www.bbinfinite.com/products/bbr ... 9864612675

What about this?
Thank you, I already knew this. I want to avoid onepiece BBs.
The reason is that there is also an small chance that they can drive out. Thats impossible with thread together. I know that the chance is very very low, but I experienced it one time and dont want to experience it again.

tomato

by tomato

moock wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:40 pm
Attermann wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 1:01 pm
https://www.bbinfinite.com/products/bbr ... 9864612675

What about this?
Thank you, I already knew this. I want to avoid onepiece BBs.
The reason is that there is also an small chance that they can drive out. Thats impossible with thread together. I know that the chance is very very low, but I experienced it one time and dont want to experience it again.
Buy the one-piece BB, measure the dimensions, then resell it.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

I'm getting a "tik-tik-tik" chain/cassette noise in the middle of the cassette and an occasional mis-shift on my EPS. This is with new chain and cassette. Is this a setup issue where I need to redo the high and low cassette gear procedure ? It's a bit hard to know exactly when you're in the perfect cog spot when doing this procedure, so I'm guessing that I don't have it dialed in just right

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

From my understanding, the newest EPS you can adjust individual gears. I would start with that. My older EPS11 does not have that feature and the high and low must be dialed in perfect to get no noises. If/when I do get noises, it's usually brand new stuff that has not worn in yet or everything is worn out.

jzinckgra

by jzinckgra

Butcher wrote:
Wed May 04, 2022 5:45 pm
From my understanding, the newest EPS you can adjust individual gears. I would start with that. My older EPS11 does not have that feature and the high and low must be dialed in perfect to get no noises. If/when I do get noises, it's usually brand new stuff that has not worn in yet or everything is worn out.
thanks. I had forgotten that I can fine tune individual cogs.

micky

by micky

I confirm, it's a great feature.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

moock

by moock

so no one here knows the Ultra Torque axle width ?