Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Denavelo

by Denavelo

RyanH wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:18 am
I ordered a Shimano splined Ztto 12s cassette for my Kickr ($57). It should be here soon so I'll report back how it works on the trainer.
I recently purchased a Wahoo Kickr, and the costs of buying a cassette and the Wahoo freehub, was the same or a little more than me building an 11s bike for the trainer. My buddy sold me a Neilpryde for cheap and I had a majority of the parts to build it up. I've been riding this bike on the road and I think I found a replacement for my Focus Izalco Max. This Neilpryde RIPS! Only I would build a bike for the trainer. haha

11.9 lbs of Trainer bike glory! :noidea:

Rob English "Mudfoot" 29er | Focus Izalco Max | Firefly #194 Stainless XCR | Firefly #277 | Neilpryde Bura SL 11.9 | Crust Evasion Lite

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I got a little Sunshine in the mail yesterday. 12 speed with a Shimano pattern. I hope this will work with my trainer, but still waiting for my EPS12.

The largest 4 gears are alloy. Fairly lightweight and at $42, it's going to be hard to beat. We shall see. The three screws hold all 10 gears together. The alloy gears are 1 piece. 11/29.

Sorry for the large pictures. I know, my camera sucks too.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

itsacarr

by itsacarr

Can't wait to hear how it works.
Just ride ..

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Few grammes extra on that scale

Basso Diamante super record EPS 12
BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Formerly known as Curryinahurry

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Yeah, tie wraps but if you understood my life, I would loose one of the pieces. This way, I will loose the entire cassette when it comes time to look for it, not just one piece.

Sucks to get old.

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

Haha I meant the gunk on the scale

BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

That's clean! You should see my shop! If my clients see what I see, I would be out of business. :D

Since I pick up and deliver all my clients cars, what they do not see will not hurt them. All they see is that their Mercedes is in better shape when they get it back at a price that keeps them coming back for more.

Next time, I will promise to shine it up.

BikeNerd2453

by BikeNerd2453

Denavelo wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 5:02 pm
RyanH wrote:
Thu Dec 09, 2021 12:18 am
I ordered a Shimano splined Ztto 12s cassette for my Kickr ($57). It should be here soon so I'll report back how it works on the trainer.
I recently purchased a Wahoo Kickr, and the costs of buying a cassette and the Wahoo freehub, was the same or a little more than me building an 11s bike for the trainer. My buddy sold me a Neilpryde for cheap and I had a majority of the parts to build it up. I've been riding this bike on the road and I think I found a replacement for my Focus Izalco Max. This Neilpryde RIPS! Only I would build a bike for the trainer. haha

11.9 lbs of Trainer bike glory! :noidea:

Man, I lusted after that Bura SL when they first came out! I came so close to buying one, still wish I had. They were such rad bikes. Sub-12 for trainer duty, I love it! :D

RyanH

by RyanH

I won't be able to report back for awhile since my Ztto came with two 11t cogs Image

MrCurrieinahurry

by MrCurrieinahurry

BMC slr01 ultegra Di2

frankton

by frankton

I am setting up Record 12. The chain is making very loud noises when I am in the low three cogs (25/28/32). Noises are there in the small (36 and also much louder in the 52). The chainline looks pretty extreme. Any ideas as to what I can do to make this better? I am assuming the noise is from the chainline.

Everything is to spec, chain length, limits, b screw....

DieselCondor

by DieselCondor

If everything else is in spec- check the hanger alignment and play around with the 'b' tension. Failing that and assuming that everything is shifting ok, I find that the chain will bed in and quieten down after a few hundred km.

LewisK

by LewisK

Is the axle the same on super record 11 and 12? I have a threadfit ceramic speed BB with a 12sp chainset, but changing back to 11sp chainset....so i assume i can use the same BB? Thanks!

mag

by mag

Sure, no difference.

ColnagoJohn

by ColnagoJohn

after fitting 12 speed mechanical record hydro to my winter bike i have now gone all in and sold the SRAM force axs off my scott addict rc so that i can get 12 speed eps on that bike.
My question is does anyone know which caliper i will need to buy to fit on the front of the addict rc? the normal campagnolo 160mm front caliper has the screws going through so they can screw into the fork bosses, but on the addict the fork is the same type of fixing as the rear caliper on normal frames ie the screws come through the fork and screw into the caliper directly.
On shimano and sram this just requires removal of the adapter bracket thing, but on campagnolo there isnt a bracket to remove so do i just get a rear 160mm caliper to use on the front too? sorry for the long winded wording but any help would be appreciated and i want to make sure i am ordering the correct parts

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com