Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Prawn

by Prawn

Has anyone attempted to use the 11-34 cassette with 12-speed EPS? Campag state that EPS cannot be used with this cassette, but I wonder if it is possible nonetheless. I run 11-34 on my 12-speed super record mechanical group (after changing out the rear derailleur cage plate), but there does not appear to be an equivalent change available for EPS. If it is simply a capacity issue then this could be overcome by never using the big/big combination, but on the other hand if the derailleur cannot move back far enough to wrap around 34 teeth then that would be harder to overcome.

P.S. My apology if this question has already been asked and answered; I didn't have much luck using the search function.

Ghisallo94

by Ghisallo94

Hello,
I replaced my Chorus 10s group with a Chorus 12s and I see that the Q-Factor is asymmetrical this time. The distance between the left crankarm and the seat tube is 2mm narrower than on the right. Did you see the same thing (BSA 68)? Thank you in advance for your help.
Regards,

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Nickldn

by Nickldn

Yes, that is certainly the case on my BB386 frame with Chorus 12 cranks. The NDS is 2mm closer.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

Ghisallo94

by Ghisallo94

Thanks for your answer. I wrote to Campagnolo, but got no response. Disappointed...

tommasini

by tommasini

Nickldn wrote:
Mon Jul 12, 2021 10:39 am
Yes, that is certainly the case on my BB386 frame with Chorus 12 cranks. The NDS is 2mm closer.
The asymmetrical comment got me to check my super record 12 speed. My eye (initially) and my calipers (as backup) indicate my super record is completely symmetrical - based off same distance pedal end of left arm vs right arm to the chain stays

naavt

by naavt

Anyone here awaiting for EPS 12S?

I've put an order on the first days of january this year and I'm still waiting with no ETA :(

Dov

by Dov

USed the Campag chainstay measuring guide and the chain is def too short in the top cogs. Noisy as a mofo.

Also, broke a bloody pin on the way in.
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

lightklein2

by lightklein2

Hello

I want to run the Campagnolo 12 speed mechanical drivetrain on the Scott Addict RC Disc 2020? I know the problem is the front derailleur, since there is no mechanical stop for the housing. Did somebody find a solution for that or does the Shimano Dura Ace FR 9100 work whit that combination?

naavt

by naavt

lightklein2 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:26 pm
Hello

I want to run the Campagnolo 12 speed mechanical drivetrain on the Scott Addict RC Disc 2020? I know the problem is the front derailleur, since there is no mechanical stop for the housing. Did somebody find a solution for that or does the Shimano Dura Ace FR 9100 work whit that combination?
If I'm understanding your issue the right way, don't you have the possibility of 3D print a mech housing for your frame?

naavt

by naavt

Prawn wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:52 am
Has anyone attempted to use the 11-34 cassette with 12-speed EPS? Campag state that EPS cannot be used with this cassette, but I wonder if it is possible nonetheless. I run 11-34 on my 12-speed super record mechanical group (after changing out the rear derailleur cage plate), but there does not appear to be an equivalent change available for EPS. If it is simply a capacity issue then this could be overcome by never using the big/big combination, but on the other hand if the derailleur cannot move back far enough to wrap around 34 teeth then that would be harder to overcome.

P.S. My apology if this question has already been asked and answered; I didn't have much luck using the search function.
I've replaced a 2015 Record EPS cage for a medium one (from a SR mechanical rear derailleur). At the time because I wanted to use a 11-29 cassette and the Record EPS RD doesn't allow that (if you look into my older posts you'll find my photos of the transformation).

It works flawlessly in that respect and can answer your question. If not, and if the issue becomes the wrap around, you probably will find the solution on a Wolf Tooth Roadlink.

lightklein2

by lightklein2

[quote=naavt post_id=1688337 time=1626353455 user_id=75195]
[quote=lightklein2 post_id=1688333 time=1626351987 user_id=333]
Hello

[/quote]

If I'm understanding your issue the right way, don't you have the possibility of 3D print a mech housing for your frame?
[/quote]

Yes, I have access to a 3D printer, but I do not know how the part should look like or even where to be mounted. Any ideas?

naavt

by naavt

lightklein2 wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 9:07 pm

Yes, I have access to a 3D printer, but I do not know how the part should look like or even where to be mounted. Any ideas?
My group ride friends are more than 50% Scott users and most of them have Addicts. I can take a look next time I'm with them but nowadays, with Covid, it will be a difficult task. We don't gather around for about 2 or 3 months now.

rollinslow

by rollinslow

Dov wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:03 pm
USed the Campag chainstay measuring guide and the chain is def too short in the top cogs. Noisy as a mofo.

Also, broke a bloody pin on the way in.
I did this too. Same issue.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

Prawn

by Prawn

naavt wrote:
Thu Jul 15, 2021 1:56 pm
Prawn wrote:
Tue Jul 06, 2021 6:52 am

I've replaced a 2015 Record EPS cage for a medium one (from a SR mechanical rear derailleur). At the time because I wanted to use a 11-29 cassette and the Record EPS RD doesn't allow that (if you look into my older posts you'll find my photos of the transformation).

It works flawlessly in that respect and can answer your question. If not, and if the issue becomes the wrap around, you probably will find the solution on a Wolf Tooth Roadlink.
Thanks @naavt Good to hear that you were able to find a solution for 11-speed EPS. Hopefully it will be a similar story for the 12-speed version. I would like to try it... but for now it will remain theoretical becuase the parts aren't available!

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Visqu

by Visqu

Not sure if it's ok to advertise like this but for those of you looking for 12-speed EPS, I have a minigroup for rim brakes available:
viewtopic.php?f=5&t=166947