Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

gwerziou

by gwerziou

I use the SRAM eagle link on a Record chain: works great. I do replace after every change but on the other hand various friends use the same link several times without any problems, over years and years of heavy riding.
• A hi-zoot bike, pretty sweet
• An old bike, more fun than the new one actually
• Unicycle, no brand name visible

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

DaveS

by DaveS

I've always been able to reuse quick links several times, but never more than the life of one chain. Be sure it still snaps together when reusing. No snap, toss it.

Jitensha

by Jitensha

I'm trying to troubleshoot a 12 Speed Super Record EPS rear derailleur fault. The rear derailler operates in the zero setting mode but ceases to function once completing the procedure. There are no LED status lights displayed on the V4 bar end interface but there is an audibale fault tone. Can someone provide troubleshooting steps?

Lastly, the current vesion of the MyCampy app has critical bugs and certain graphical elements are not rendered properly in iOS/iPadOS 14.7. Notice how text says, "press_the_key_1" and "press_the_key_2." Various elements throughout the app are not rendering and I cannot use the app until Campagnolo fixes it in an future update.

arkasha1965

by arkasha1965

DaveS wrote:
arkasha1965 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 4:17 pm
So there are no five bolt chainring for campagnolo 12v?
Not from Campy.
But from other brands?

Inviato dal mio ONEPLUS A6003 utilizzando Tapatalk

Yoaqim

by Yoaqim

DaveS wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:43 pm
@Yoaqim
By your description, you did not follow the manufacturer's instructions. They say to use vibra-tite 530 on the bearing ODs and push the drive side crank firmly into the cup, which establishes the proper chain line. After the vibra-tite cures, there is no preload on the bearings and there is very little side play, unless the vibra-tite fails to perform as expected. The outer bearing races are glued to the one piece housing and the inner races are press fit onto the spindle. The two races on each bearing do have a very small amount of side play, so the crank could move side to side by a very small amount. I've got some new Campy bearings. I'll see if I can measure the side play.
I checked my new Campy crank bearings and found the side play too small to measure. Of course it will increase with use, but probably still very small.
DaveS, thank you for explaining the Bbinfinite assembly procedure and for checking the side play of your new Campy crank bearings.
As you rightly point out when following the Bbinfinite instructions there is no preload on the bearings. I wonder if the objective of the original Campagnolo procedure with applying bearing preload by the wave washer is only for compensating manufacturing tolerances OR is it also for enhancing the lifetime of the bearings? You found the side play of your new Campy crank bearings too small to measure (= w/o preload) however you wrote “it will increase with time, but probably still very small”. Does it mean that the bearings wear out faster without preload?

Dov

by Dov

Are there any better / cheaper alternatives to the Campagnolo brake cable set?

*Using SR 12 speed if that influences anything.
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

Dov wrote:
Sun May 23, 2021 7:54 am

Slightly cheaper, you can try buying the 11s set (or separate liners, i think they are sold like that and in fact same stuff as 12s liners) and a pair of lifeline performance gear cables, 5e each at wiggle. They are slightly thinner and do appear to be a bit more flexy than campa 11s so they might be ok for 12.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Dov wrote:Are there any better / cheaper alternatives to the Campagnolo brake cable set?

Plenty cheaper, I’m sure. All inferior too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Alexandrumarian wrote:
Dov wrote:

Slightly cheaper, you can try buying the 11s set (or separate liners, i think they are sold like that and in fact same stuff as 12s liners) and a pair of lifeline performance gear cables, 5e each at wiggle. They are slightly thinner and do appear to be a bit more flexy than campa 11s so they might be ok for 12.
The brake cables have not changed. The gear cables & outers are the only difference.

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

ultimobici wrote: The brake cables have not changed. The gear cables & outers are the only difference.

Are the outers different too? Anyway i misread the question, instantly thought he was asking about the gear since yeah, brakes are the same. Speaking of brakes, i once paid a good chunk (15 each??) on the fanciest jagwires and were unusable: one had a kink the other an inclusion
making a belly....

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Alexandrumarian wrote:
ultimobici wrote: The brake cables have not changed. The gear cables & outers are the only difference.

Are the outers different too? Anyway i misread the question, instantly thought he was asking about the gear since yeah, brakes are the same. Speaking of brakes, i once paid a good chunk (15 each??) on the fanciest jagwires and were unusable: one had a kink the other an inclusion
making a belly....
Gear outers & inners are different. Brakes are the same functionally but the graphics may be different on the ones supplied in the box.

WorkonSunday

by WorkonSunday

DaveS wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:40 pm
I never use the pin. I use sram eagle 12 speed quick links. I also used sram force axs chains extensively. They are narrower and come with a quick link. The axs chain is the most quiet I've ever used. The axs cassette works great too.
after seeing your other post, i tried the axs system with campy cassette combo. indeed works very well and quietly. it's a sram force with a rival RD and a Chorus 11-32 12s. :beerchug:

without further polluting the camp thread, i posted the bike here:viewtopic.php?f=3&t=161215&p=1677290&si ... d#p1677290
Some say pour 10ml water out of your bottle to save that last bit of the weight. Sorry, i go one step further, i tend to the rider off my bikes. :thumbup:
n+1...14 last time i checked, but i lost count :mrgreen:

usr

by usr

Dov wrote:
I'm running the highest level Jagwire inner to the rear after the TMS Campag broke at 12000 and I hope that shifting will get better again with the next replacement cycle back to TMS (I usually do a full replacement every second RD inner). Between TMS and Jagwire I was running regular Campag for a few rides and it felt bad enough to try the Jagwire instead. Could all be imagination of course, or bad setup and then once in the Jagwire I changed too many other things that also influence shifting (Sigeyi, Edco) so thatmy perception of relative quality is completely worthless now. But I do believe that I'm right about placing the Jagwire somewhere in between TMS Campag and conventional Campag.

I wonder how Ekar spare cables are distributed, this might be an acceptable middle ground between buying a full set of TMS when only the RD cable is approaching EOL and going third party or pre-12s Campag.

PS: looking at spare parts pdf, CG-RD703 for the smaller Ekar set. Google hasn't heard of it yet. Same for 10-CG-RD700, a box of ten inners (plus 36cm housing each, interesting compromise, looks like "keep the part wrapped at the bar, but at least replace the loop down at the RD which is easily done"). The Ekar set seems to come with full length housing, so it probably wouldn't be cheaper at all.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

CG-RD700 are available singly. £29.99 each

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

okx

by okx

Does anyone know if I can use sprockets from SR on chorus cassette?
Thinking about getting this one: https://www.bike24.com/p2355757.html?me ... ,1869,1874
And use it on chorus 11-32 cassette.