Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

bikeboy1tr

by bikeboy1tr

Actually I always check the small small cogs and ring when fitting a chain and then look at big big to see if I need to be really careful or just a little careful when accidentally shifting up too far on the back but normally if I try to keep the chain on the long side and adjust the B screw enough that its not cathing the teeth on large cog and rattling as you shift into it.
I am finding 12sp Campy a real PITA when it comes to a choice of PM as I wanted the carbon Rotor ALDHU with oval rings but it doesnt look like its a good match from what I have read elsewhere on this forum. So I have a Campy P2M 12sp ordered and on the way. Its a little on the chunky side but guess I will have to spend the money on another component to make up for that weight. Its replacing my Record crank so it wont be a huge difference in weight. I have been looking at chainrings and I see AB is making one for the Campy 12 but in the past with my DA crank and AB the chainring gap was bigger than what my DA 11sp originally was so I found running the Rotor inner and AB outer closed the gap enough to match what I had with 11sp DA. Kind of hesitant to spend the money on AB and find the same issue. Not alot of selection out there at the moment for Campy 12 Rings or for anything due to Covid.
viewtopic.php?f=10&t=154188
2018 Colnago V2R Rim Brake
2019 Colnago V2R Disc Brake
2014 Norco Threshold Disc Brake
2006 Ridley Crosswind Rim Brake

christiancarr

by christiancarr

elfuinha wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:53 pm
christiancarr wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:49 pm
Thank you, it looks stunning, especially the crankset :thumbup: The only thing I´d change is the levers finish. The 3K carbon would be better.

I noticed the CULT ceramic bearings were completely dry. I know they are supposed to be, but few drops of Ceramicspeed TT grease can help them to last longer without any performance loss
You will be desapointed to see the Jockey wheels are Rollers... and not Bearings

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=168118
Does it cause any problems with shifting or performance?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

neeb

by neeb

christiancarr wrote:
Sat Nov 20, 2021 1:38 am
elfuinha wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:53 pm
christiancarr wrote:
Thu Nov 18, 2021 5:49 pm
Thank you, it looks stunning, especially the crankset :thumbup: The only thing I´d change is the levers finish. The 3K carbon would be better.

I noticed the CULT ceramic bearings were completely dry. I know they are supposed to be, but few drops of Ceramicspeed TT grease can help them to last longer without any performance loss
You will be desapointed to see the Jockey wheels are Rollers... and not Bearings

viewtopic.php?f=3&t=168118
Does it cause any problems with shifting or performance?
I would assume practically none. Friction differences between rollers and bearings in jockey wheels must be a tiny fraction of total drive train friction, nearly all of which comes from the chain itself (hence the trend for larger jockey-wheels to reduce chain bending).

survivor

by survivor

I have a quick question about Campagnolo Super Record EPS 12 speed. Does the front derailleur has any limit screws? Is all adjustment done electronically?

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

survivor wrote:
Tue Nov 23, 2021 10:22 pm
I have a quick question about Campagnolo Super Record EPS 12 speed. Does the front derailleur has any limit screws? Is all adjustment done electronically?
Both limits are set electronic only.

survivor

by survivor

Bobbyc123 wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 8:37 am
Both limits are set electronic only.
Thanks! This is good to know.

survivor

by survivor

For owners of Campagnolo Super Record EPS 12 speed, is there any motivation to move to the new Dura Ace 9200? If you haven't already owned the Campagnolo Super Record EPS, would you get the Dura Ace 9200 instead?

I have the new Dura Ace 9200 ordered and pending delivery, and needing to look for a frame. At the same time I found a full build with Campagnolo Super Record EPS 12 speed. Not sure which way should I go and would appreciate any suggestions.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Is that true? The EPS11 has a limit screw so the derailleur does not get jambed into the spokes. It's more of an insurance policy since the electronics should prevent that.

I'm certain someone will correct me if I am wrong.

survivor

by survivor

Butcher wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:44 pm
Is that true? The EPS11 has a limit screw so the derailleur does not get jambed into the spokes. It's more of an insurance policy since the electronics should prevent that.

That is true for the rear derailleur. The question is on front derailleur.

1llum4

by 1llum4

As an owner of SR12 mech gruppo, the only thing that interest me from DA/Ult 12s is the Hyperglide+ of the cassette and chain. Hopefully someone on this forum will measure accuratly the cog spacing to confirm if a mixed group could work.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

survivor wrote:
Butcher wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 5:44 pm

That is true for the rear derailleur. The question is on front derailleur.
EPS front mechs have always had limits set electronically. Rear mech has a limit screw to stop the mech overshifting into the spokes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Bobbyc123

by Bobbyc123

survivor wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:44 pm
For owners of Campagnolo Super Record EPS 12 speed, is there any motivation to move to the new Dura Ace 9200? If you haven't already owned the Campagnolo Super Record EPS, would you get the Dura Ace 9200 instead?

I have the new Dura Ace 9200 ordered and pending delivery, and needing to look for a frame. At the same time I found a full build with Campagnolo Super Record EPS 12 speed. Not sure which way should I go and would appreciate any suggestions.
The videos and reviews I've seen for shimano look pretty tasty. The shift speeds looks like everything you want out of electronic and how they're saying you can shift under full load is awesome.

12s eps doesn't feel that different from 11s.

Come down to how much you prefer Campagnolo, if you're not bothered either way, I'd go shimano.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Did I mention I can't read too.

Remi67

by Remi67

Hello everyone,

Does anyone know if it is pssible, or ever tried to install a 12sp rear mechanical derailleur cage on a 11sp rear mechanical derailleur ?

I wonder if it is possible... It would be a great alternative to me oversized a bit my derailleur cage. I hate the poor design of the original 11sp medium alloy cage :oops:

Thanks !

Rémi.

micky

by micky

survivor wrote:
Wed Nov 24, 2021 4:44 pm

I switched to SR EPS 12s after using the last 2 Dura ace Di2 groupset and wanted a change.
I can't talk about 9200, but with 9070 and 9150 you could switch rear wheels without problems while with EPS I need to adjust the rear mech each time.
It doesn't take ages but some practice to end up spot on.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com