Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

SRAM got the patent on Slow and Ugly, that’s for sure. Now if they could just make a reliable retention system to hold those bricks of ugliness in their derailleurs... well, they’d still be ugly.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

TobinHatesYou wrote:
ultimobici wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:44 pm

That a company with the resources of Shimano hadn’t made any inroads into wireless is ridiculous.

They are cockblocked by SRAM patents.

They’ve actually come up with their own patents for alternative power in an attempt to circumvent the issue. A dynamo rear derailleur pulley wheel for example, but for now it’s just a proof of concept since there are obvious design/implementation hurdles.
The dynamo jockey wheel idea is 25+ years old. Mavic employed it in 1992 on the original ZMS system.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Eugene and I have the exact opposite tastes. I will never go wireless unless I’m forced to. The same goes for disks on road bikes, tubeless tires on high-pressure 700c wheels, and pedal based PMs. I don’t dislike Sram. In fact I own a Quarq. I just see that the benefits of wireless are far outweighed by the disadvantages.

Last edited by pdlpsher1 on Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:22 pm, edited 2 times in total.

Monkeyfudger

by Monkeyfudger

I’m struggling to see how gaining a patent for putting a battery on a thing that needs to be battery powdered is a thing? Reeks of stupid.

pdlpsher1

by pdlpsher1

Monkeyfudger wrote:I’m struggling to see how gaining a patent for putting a battery on a thing that needs to be battery powdered is a thing? Reeks of stupid.
The stupid patent wars. Just curious. Shimano has a patent on FD auto trim on their Di2. Does the EPS have FD auto trim? If yes then perhaps there’s cross licensing going on between Shimano and Campy. On the Di2 the FD cage will move depending on the position of the RD such that the chain will not touch the FD cage.

Mockenrue

by Mockenrue

Yes, it has since its introduction.

mattr

by mattr

pdlpsher1 wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:33 pm
Monkeyfudger wrote:I’m struggling to see how gaining a patent for putting a battery on a thing that needs to be battery powdered is a thing? Reeks of stupid.
The stupid patent wars.
The US patent system is utterly utterly broken. Until it's fixed (never going to happen) it will continue to have ripple effects across any product sold across multiple markets (that include the US).

mikesamborey

by mikesamborey

Announcement seems to be be very soon.
Campagnolo Ibérica write a comment concerning future campy EPS on December 14th

https://www.facebook.com/18328009842562 ... 809345068/

mikesamborey

by mikesamborey

ParisCarbon wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 4:16 pm
havent seen any pics of Movistar riders on it yet, I think their team presentation is Tuesday though..
Only Erviti ride on it for the moment

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

Having used Di2 recently, one thing I’d like is the ability to link to my Garmin head unit in the same way.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

^it does already, doesn’t it? I haven’t used it, but I was under the impression you can link V3 to your Garmin head unit to show stuff like gear ratios and battery level etc.
Colnago C64 - The Naked Build; Colnago C60 - PR99; Trek Koppenberg - Where Emonda and Domane Meet;
Unlinked Builds (searchable): Colnago C59 - 5 Years Later; Trek Emonda SL Campagnolo SR; Special Colnago EPQ

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

I’m thinking more of the buttons on the top of the hoods.

Calnago
In Memoriam

by Calnago

Ah, gotcha.

scb

by scb

mikesamborey wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 8:26 pm
Announcement seems to be be very soon.
Campagnolo Ibérica write a comment concerning future campy EPS on December 14th

https://www.facebook.com/18328009842562 ... 809345068/
Suspense is driving me mad! Planning on pulling trigger on SR mech tomorrow unless there is something definitive in next couple of days.

caballero

by caballero

There’s this pic.
Attachments
98F6490A-E517-492E-93FD-1C15DFC04929.jpeg

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com