Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

usr

by usr

DaveS wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 2:43 pm
They say to use vibra-tite 530 on the bearing ODs and push the drive side crank firmly into the cup, which establishes the proper chain line.
So basically they substitute the mystery clip with glue. Now I like the clip more than before.

jdecraene85

by jdecraene85

bruno2000 wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:34 pm
rudye9mr wrote:
Tue May 18, 2021 3:23 pm
12 speed install vids has the instructions on how to covert to direct mount...check with frame manufacturer to see if RD hanger is direct mount compatible...
Yes I saw the vid.
eberything is compatbli.
Only it appears you need a special limi screw which is not delivered with the derailleur.
So typically Campa...
Yes, typical... unfortunately. The screw kit RD-SR105 is to be purchased separately.
And it would also be typical that the screws have specifications that you can't find in a hardware store at home.

Where are you based? I'm expecting my SR EPS 12s derailleur this week and if my fear that the EPS version cannot be converted to DM is true, I can sell them. I had to order from UK, ridicilously expensive nowadays... They're unused (the Sigeyi DM hanger too).

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

JohnHP

by JohnHP

cubixthe wrote:
Thu Sep 10, 2020 5:04 pm
Here is a photo, it mainly happens when the derailleur is on the top cogs. The compressed pin is within Campy specs of protrusion.

I have the same problem with my Record 12 speed I installed last month. Was there ever a resolution? Do I need to go farther when I peen the pin?

Dov

by Dov

Has anyone got a source for a Park Tool CBP-8? I've been looking and all of the European stores seem to be SOLD OUT
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

AJS914

by AJS914

Maybe check ebay. I saw a J&L puller recently that ships out of China and it's pretty cheap.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/303154976077

DaveS

by DaveS

I never use the pin. I use sram eagle 12 speed quick links. I also used sram force axs chains extensively. They are narrower and come with a quick link. The axs chain is the most quiet I've ever used. The axs cassette works great too.

Nickldn

by Nickldn

DaveS wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:40 pm
I never use the pin. I use sram eagle 12 speed quick links.
Been using one of these with a Chorus 12 chain.

No problems with noise or alignment issues. Works perfectly as far as I'm concerned and much easier to use than a pin.
Giant Propel Advanced SL Red Etap 11s Easton EC90 wheels CeramicSpeed BB Zipp SL70 bars 6.5kg

Vitus ZX1 CRS Campy Chorus 12s Bora WTO 45 disk brake wheels Zipp SL70 bars 7.5kg

SL8 build with Craft CS5060 Wheels in progress

usr

by usr

Random mind unload after glueing in DS cup (NDS was resisting the punch so firmly that I absolved it of all creak suspicions): forgot insertion of the wavy. Again. At least I have reached that point in my life where I can definitely tell by ear wether it's a missing wavy or something else. And that Hirth wrench is patient I guess. It's the Hirth wrench because it is literally only used for that one bolt, ever. 840 grams of torque-gauging steel with one job. Why do I enjoy that so much? 😂

PS: oh, and apparently clippy wasn't fully inserted. I didn't hear *that*. Guess my ears aren't quite there yet and my worksmanship didn't exactly have its best day. But in my defense, "I was in a hurry because I really wanted to ride" isn't the worst excuse and "I was in a hurry because I really wanted to ride and I couldn't start too late to make it back before the curfew" is better.

Dov

by Dov

AJS914 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:34 pm
Maybe check ebay. I saw a J&L puller recently that ships out of China and it's pretty cheap.

Thanks for this. In lieu of finding a CPB-8 at a resonable price, I've bought this. Will give it a go and let the thread know if it's a go-er or not. If not, £26 lesson learned.
Brooklyn Gangsta V4 with DXR
Cannondale CAAD 10 Track
Cielo Classic Sportif U8000
Cinelli Supercorsa DA9000
Colnago C64 R12
Concorde DA7800
DeRosa Nuovo Classico SR12
Eddy Mercks Corsa Extra Ch12
Felt F1 DA9050
Trek L500

Long time supporter of Rapha
Strava

Shmitt

by Shmitt

I have issues to raise as a newcomer to campagnolo. I am slowly completing the components, I already have the crank. now the bottom bracket issue, I noticed that Campagnolo makes a bottom bracket key

https://www.bike24.com/p27784.html

Do users advise what other tools can I use for the Campagnolo support?
BSA or T47.
if it comes to the T47, the bottom bracket would be from the C-bear, or maybe the T47 cup is enough?
something like

http://www.stjoriscycles.nl/shop-3/unca ... -t47-cups/

neeb

by neeb

Shmitt wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 5:33 pm
I have issues to raise as a newcomer to campagnolo. I am slowly completing the components, I already have the crank. now the bottom bracket issue, I noticed that Campagnolo makes a bottom bracket key

https://www.bike24.com/p27784.html

Do users advise what other tools can I use for the Campagnolo support?
BSA or T47.
if it comes to the T47, the bottom bracket would be from the C-bear, or maybe the T47 cup is enough?
something like

http://www.stjoriscycles.nl/shop-3/unca ... -t47-cups/
That bottom bracket key is for the Campagnolo BSA threaded ultratorque cups.

You need ultratorque specific BB cups to put into your BB shell (the bearings are on the cranks, not in the BB). So you need to find the right ultratorque cups for your frame. If the BB shell is threaded BSA, I would just use the standard Campagnolo threaded cups (or those T47 cups if the shell is T47). If it's press-fit you can either use the appropriate Campagnolo press-fit cups (which may or may not creak), or else the approprioate c-bear for Campagnolo.

Only tools required are the (Bike24) tool above, together with a big torque wrench (for threaded BSA cups), or an ultratorque BB press (for pressfit cups).

welchy

by welchy

Dov wrote:
Thu May 20, 2021 9:02 am
AJS914 wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:34 pm

Thanks for this. In lieu of finding a CPB-8 at a resonable price, I've bought this. Will give it a go and let the thread know if it's a go-er or not. If not, £26 lesson learned.
So I've used this a fair few times now, well, three times in fact. The drive side bearing on my cranks seems to suffer inordinately, possibly due to salty water sitting on top and not being washed off after winter rides. But the tool has worked pretty well, clearly it's £26 worth in quality, but it does the job compared to forking out £200 for the campy or park fool version. Get some good circlip pliers as well..

arkasha1965

by arkasha1965

So there are no five bolt chainring for campagnolo 12v?

DaveS

by DaveS

arkasha1965 wrote:
Fri May 21, 2021 4:17 pm
So there are no five bolt chainring for campagnolo 12v?
Not from Campy.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Shmitt

by Shmitt

DaveS wrote:
Wed May 19, 2021 1:40 pm
I never use the pin. I use sram eagle 12 speed quick links. I also used sram force axs chains extensively. They are narrower and come with a quick link. The axs chain is the most quiet I've ever used. The axs cassette works great too.
I understand that the quick link from SRAM is one-time and after removing the chain you need to set up a new quick link?