Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

zappafile123

by zappafile123

Starting off with my comments about purchasing SRM's being (economically) irrational. Its irrational becuase there are no features or qualities of the power meter that justify the inflated price. Why spend extra on an SRM when you can get almost exaclty the same thing for $1000 less in a P2M? SRM are good, high quality, but over-priced PMs.

Onto useful info. Power2max confirmed to me that all current 11spd setups will not work with the new 12spd stuff. On the bright side, the new 12spd spiders are in the works and current P2M campagnolo crank arms will very likely be compatible with the new spiders. That will save $1000 at checkout (it will still cost $1900 for the spider and rings based on current pricing)
FactorOne|SartoSeta|StorckF.3|Enigma EliteHSS|SworksSL6|ColnagoC60/V3Rs|DeRosa Protos|BianchiXR4/2|BMCSLR01 16|Cdale EvoHM|Focus IzMax|RidleyHe SL/SLX|BH Ulight|BassoDiamante|Scapin DyseysS8|TimeRXRS/ZXRS|TCR SL|RidleyNoah|Look585|CerveloS5/S3

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

This is why I just use power meter pedals, though of course Speedplay and SPD-SL users would have to switch.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Alexandrumarian

by Alexandrumarian

I delayed getting a PM for ages because I was happy with spdsl while spider stuff was too expensive (and too many horror stories with the crankarm ones). A few months ago I got a vector 3 and while it's not quite as nice as Shimano it does the job and I have no regrets.

ooo

by ooo

Any team will be riding 12s on tour de france 2018?
'

bm0p700f
in the industry

by bm0p700f

Garmin pedals are an obvious choice. What's wrong with vector 2's. They are cheaper now.

1swiftvelo

by 1swiftvelo

On EPS 12 look for same as current offerings. Campagnolo is currently working on wireless version. There’s also a 12sp cass coming like current non series. 11/34 cass as well.

EvilEuro

by EvilEuro

bm0p700f wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 10:35 pm
Garmin pedals are an obvious choice. What's wrong with vector 2's. They are cheaper now.
And remember, if someone purchases the now-discounted Vector 2 pedals they have the option of switching out the axle and running Shimano SPD-SL pedals. Granted, they'll be Ultegra level (Dura-Ace are incompatible), but that still gives someone the option of not having to run Exustar / Look-compatible pedals.

Still no dice on Speedplay, but I get the impression that's more Speedplay's issue than Garmin.

bruno2000

by bruno2000

Official distributors have no info on the new eps yet.
We only know that it's 'coming'.
Regarding the Tour, no teams willride the 12spd as only the mechanical version is currently available (in very small quantities) and pro-riders prefer eps.
Second it would be very (too) expensive to change all groupsets now at teams.
I did see some UEA riders in the Dauphiné with the new brakes though.

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

1swiftvelo wrote:
Wed Jun 20, 2018 11:54 pm
On EPS 12 look for same as current offerings. Campagnolo is currently working on wireless version. There’s also a 12sp cass coming like current non series. 11/34 cass as well.
What do you mean by "current offerings" I got lost.. we were talking about PM options before... are you referring to look for SRM and P2Max to still offer the PM (P2Max is, SRM well.. who knows.. they will never reveal what they are up to)

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

bruno2000 wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 10:18 am
Official distributors have no info on the new eps yet.
We only know that it's 'coming'.
Regarding the Tour, no teams willride the 12spd as only the mechanical version is currently available (in very small quantities) and pro-riders prefer eps.
Second it would be very (too) expensive to change all groupsets now at teams.
I did see some UEA riders in the Dauphiné with the new brakes though.
Campag USA about 3 weeks ago told me not to expect EPS in North America until early 2019.. seeing how Mech 12 was introduced in April, and coming available a few months later, Id guess maybe you'll it at the Vuelta... the guy at Campy USA told me that Campy Europe kept everyone off the 12 mech because they wanted to keep it quiet... I think all 12 Mech does has led to curiousity for 12 EPS.. thats where the bulk of sales will be

LionelB

by LionelB

EPS 12s wireless sounds good to me.

c60rider

by c60rider

I wonder if the eps wireless disc brake hoods will be made smaller. More like the mechanical rim hood size than the current mechanical brake disc hoods are as they're hideous both in pictures and in person :|
I've never seen the inside of eps levers but there must be space inside to accommodate the disc brake reservoir rather than the current set up dumping it at the top of the hood.

TonyM

by TonyM

c60rider wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:29 pm
I wonder if the eps wireless disc brake hoods will be made smaller. More like the mechanical rim hood size than the current mechanical brake disc hoods are as they're hideous both in pictures and in person :|
I've never seen the inside of eps levers but there must be space inside to accommodate the disc brake reservoir rather than the current set up dumping it at the top of the hood.
There is indeed space inside the EPS levers. They should optimize the cable junctions also.

Miller

by Miller

c60rider wrote:
Thu Jun 21, 2018 6:29 pm
The disc ergo levers feel great to hold, I can say that. Looks, well that's a matter of opinion.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com