Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

micky

by micky

On one of the Ulissi video, the UAE guys are talking about connecting Stages to their Garmin.

scb

by scb

ParisCarbon wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:38 am
Noctiluxx wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:45 am
scb wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:13 am
avispa wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 12:03 am

Phew! Glad I went to the dark side... It seems that even the charger has remained the same with tiny pins and the Apollo 11 bulky look! :unbelievable:
Where you got that picture, anyway, love to see more.
I planned on converting 12 speed mechanical to 12-speed EPS but will have to reconsider. With all internal routing on new bike I don’t want to any wires showing

Looks like you might need an IT guy to set up your EPS. I'm getting 12-spd Super Record installed on my De Rosa this weekend and have no plans to go to EPS.
I routed my EPS 11 on my Tarmac and through the Aerofly bars in about 6 minutes (My first time routing EPS) It took me longer to fish the Di2 wiring out of the frame then to feed the EPS in!
Where did you put the module?

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

scb wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:09 pm
ParisCarbon wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 4:38 am
Noctiluxx wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:45 am
scb wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 1:13 am

I planned on converting 12 speed mechanical to 12-speed EPS but will have to reconsider. With all internal routing on new bike I don’t want to any wires showing

Looks like you might need an IT guy to set up your EPS. I'm getting 12-spd Super Record installed on my De Rosa this weekend and have no plans to go to EPS.
I routed my EPS 11 on my Tarmac and through the Aerofly bars in about 6 minutes (My first time routing EPS) It took me longer to fish the Di2 wiring out of the frame then to feed the EPS in!
Where did you put the module?
My module is just under my FSA OS99 stem.. wires pointed backwards, then I route them forward under the elastic ring and through the aerofly bars...the excess wire tucks perfectly inside the EPS connection compartment.. I'm going downstairs to ride the trainer shortly, I'll grab a pic and post it...

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

scb

by scb

ParisCarbon wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 11:35 pm

Thanks!

Jitensha

by Jitensha

micky wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:00 pm
On one of the Ulissi video, the UAE guys are talking about connecting Stages to their Garmin.
The large boxes in this photo confirm UAE will be riding Stages in 2019. Also all of the Super Record EPS 12 speed boxes in the background hint that Campagnolo is close to the release considering they are already producing retail boxes.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

That’s assuming the 12 speed boxes are for EPS parts. They might be chainset boxes.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

avispa

by avispa

Jitensha wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 6:42 am
micky wrote:
Sat Dec 15, 2018 10:00 pm
The large boxes in this photo confirm UAE will be riding Stages in 2019. Also all of the Super Record EPS 12 speed boxes in the background hint that Campagnolo is close to the release considering they are already producing retail boxes.
Actually, take a closer look! That bike is using Dura-Sek, the new Shimano components! LOL :D

ParisCarbon

by ParisCarbon

All those white boxes are pretty large... pretty sure they are crankset boxes.. but the fact that they are building so many bikes with EPS 12 now would lead you to believe its on the way (very) soon.. havent seen any pics of Movistar riders on it yet, I think their team presentation is Tuesday though.. I emailed P2Max latnite about 12s PM availability, they said they still didn't have any information from Campagnolo.. none of the Lotto 12s bikes have an SRM installed (Not even Exakt pedals!) I personally really like the new Super Record crankset... its a pity that it won't follow the same design to the P2Max and SRM models.. always had SRM and P2Max, heard the stages is pretty damn reliable, saw tests against Neo indoors and the powertap pedals and it tracked very well with it.. down to 1.5% accuracy as well and the Garmin drops appeared to be fixed..

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

avispa wrote:Actually, take a closer look! That bike is using Dura-Sek, the new Shimano components! LOL :D
Think you need an optician.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ParisCarbon wrote:
Sat Dec 08, 2018 8:28 pm
If proxomat is correct... I wonder if all these wireless patents that were posted a few mnths back are in the works?

Neither Shimano or Campy can go fully wireless unless they solve the battery dilemma. SRAM was granted a patent with specific language defining the inclusion of batteries mounted onto the structure of the derailleur. This means a wire must be run to a battery in any non-SRAM electronic groupset. This is why FSA WE only has wireless shifters and uses a centrally located battery with the FD + RD joined by a cable. Shimano and Campy must continue to run that centrally located battery unless SRAM’s patent is challenged.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

The other reason is neither Shimano nor Campagnolo think wireless is a worthwhile feature.

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ultimobici wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:23 pm
The other reason is neither Shimano nor Campagnolo think wireless is a worthwhile feature.

I doubt that’s actually true. Since they can’t tout wireless or even develop it, of course they’re going to say it’s not worthwhile.

ultimobici
in the industry

by ultimobici

TobinHatesYou wrote:
ultimobici wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:23 pm

I doubt that’s actually true. Since they can’t tout wireless or even develop it, of course they’re going to say it’s not worthwhile.
That a company with the resources of Shimano hadn’t made any inroads into wireless is ridiculous.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

TobinHatesYou

by TobinHatesYou

ultimobici wrote:
Sun Dec 16, 2018 5:44 pm

That a company with the resources of Shimano hadn’t made any inroads into wireless is ridiculous.

They are cockblocked by SRAM patents.

They’ve actually come up with their own patents for alternative power in an attempt to circumvent the issue. A dynamo rear derailleur pulley wheel for example, but for now it’s just a proof of concept since there are obvious design/implementation hurdles.