Campagnolo 12-Speed

Back by popular demand, the general all-things Road forum!

Moderator: robbosmans

mag

by mag

What would definitely work is the 140 mm rear caliper with the adapter to 160 mm (Campy AC18-DBADR6 or AC21-DBADR or anything such from other manufacturers).
See page 43 (5.12 - INSTALLING REAR CALIPER SPACER 140 mm FOR USE WITH DISC D.160 mm): https://www.campagnolo.com/media/files/ ... 21_ENG.pdf

I'm not sure whether the 160 mm rear caliper could be used directly in such cases.

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

1llum4

by 1llum4

The fork of the Scott Addict RC is designed only for a 160mm rotor so you need to use the campagnolo rear 140mm caliper and no adapter.

ColnagoJohn

by ColnagoJohn

1llum4 wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:21 pm
The fork of the Scott Addict RC is designed only for a 160mm rotor so you need to use the campagnolo rear 140mm caliper and no adapter.
thanks for this, i did wonder as this is effectively what happens when you run sram or shimano. i will see if i can get a 140 caliper and try it first before i put in the order for the EPS stuff.

Another question for you guys, when did campagnolo change the caliper style from the first version to the current more rounded filled in version similar to what came out on ekar?
Other then aesthetics is there any significant difference between the v1 and current caliper?

mag

by mag

1llum4: Yes you're right. I didn't check that specific fork design initially, but it's true that it's built around the 160 mm rotor specifically so no adapter is needed there, just the 140 mm rear caliper.

Those new calipers (DB-R141 in your case) were introduced with the Ekar groupset in September 2020 and made it to road groupsets around February - March 2021. AFAIK the new ones are 100% Campagnolo design while the older ones were co-developed with Magura.

The new & old components are compatible with each other. The new ones use red oil by default while the old ones use blue (Magura royal blood) and it's highly recommended to not mix them (even though it's possible).
https://www.campagnolo.com/WW/en/Suppor ... disc_brake

1llum4

by 1llum4

ColnagoJohn wrote:
Fri Jan 07, 2022 11:27 pm
thanks for this, i did wonder as this is effectively what happens when you run sram or shimano. i will see if i can get a 140 caliper and try it first before i put in the order for the EPS stuff.
Yes that is possible. Both Sram and Shimano only have a 140mm direct flat mount caliper. So you can do a fit check with a sram/shimano caliper if you already have one.

rollinslow

by rollinslow

Any insight into Campy production currently? I've had my eye on an EPS disc group for months and the usual sites that typically re-stock quickly have had nothing.
Moots Vamoots RSL (2019)-Super Record 12
Cervelo S1 (2010)-Super Record 12
Kestrel RT700 (2008)-Dura Ace 9000
Mosaic GT-1 (2020)-SRAM Red viewtopic.php?f=10&t=174523

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

I ordered my EPS12 [rim brake] on Jan 7 2021. I got all the parts December 23rd 2021. Just in time for Christmas.

rudye9mr

by rudye9mr

Sub'd for how how easy/hard it is to build up the EPS^

That' a fair bit of wait...but normal given current environment

micky

by micky

One question for the EPS users; yesterday I was out running and suddenly the rear derailleur didn't work anymore.
I though it was the battery but once at home checked with the app and it said 44%.
As I put the bike on a bike stand and tried to check everything, MyCampy app showed a "there's a problem" on the screen.
Of course checked cable and then put on charge to bring it up at 100% but still not working, changing few gears and then stop again.
I did a zero setting for the RD and fingers crossed, it seems to work again.

Anyone experienced this before?

naavt

by naavt

rollinslow wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:21 pm
Any insight into Campy production currently? I've had my eye on an EPS disc group for months and the usual sites that typically re-stock quickly have had nothing.
I've put an order on January 10th 2020 and only 2 weeks ago I had a call from Campag themselves (was communicating with them directly with my LBS avail), telling me that they have ALMOST the entirety of the group for me exceptuating the EPS interface :roll:
Butcher wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:09 pm
I ordered my EPS12 [rim brake] on Jan 7 2021. I got all the parts December 23rd 2021. Just in time for Christmas.
You're a lucky bastard!!! :D

naavt

by naavt

micky wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:13 am
One question for the EPS users; yesterday I was out running and suddenly the rear derailleur didn't work anymore.
I though it was the battery but once at home checked with the app and it said 44%.
As I put the bike on a bike stand and tried to check everything, MyCampy app showed a "there's a problem" on the screen.
Of course checked cable and then put on charge to bring it up at 100% but still not working, changing few gears and then stop again.

EPS user here for several years (11s groups so far). Zero issues!

rollinslow

by rollinslow

micky wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 9:13 am

I would check all the cable connections because that sounds like a short.

rollinslow

by rollinslow

naavt wrote:
Sun Jan 09, 2022 10:31 am
rollinslow wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 2:21 pm
I've put an order on January 10th 2020 and only 2 weeks ago I had a call from Campag themselves (was communicating with them directly with my LBS avail), telling me that they have ALMOST the entirety of the group for me exceptuating the EPS interface :roll:
Butcher wrote:
Sat Jan 08, 2022 5:09 pm
You're a lucky bastard!!! :D
Wow, that's crazy. I was hoping that Campy would find sme magic to outproduce Shimano and SRAM in some aspects since Campy has a tighter supply chain in Italy and Romania.

Butcher
Shop Owner

by Butcher

Finally, I found a cassette that I believe I will enjoy. An 11/25 12sp cassette made for the Campagnolo. I should have it here in a few days. Pictures/weight later. If they had this cassette earlier, I would have purchased the EPS12 when it came out. I hope to have it on the road by the end of winter/early spring.

Lucky? I waited 50 weeks for it to show up. I believe there was only a couple of emails and only two phone phone calls to Branford Bike during this transaction. They even offered to refund my money until all the parts show up. In the end, when you trust someone, you understand they are doing their best and you just need to have patience.

I buy local for stuff like this. I want to have help in the future. I've only had one issue with Campagnolo SR stuff. When I went to the first EPS, the v1 power unit was faulty the first week. I was back on my bike a week later. Great service from a very small shop.

https://www.bicycleretailer.com/new-pro ... dsYIVmIZPY
https://www.prestacycle.com/product/pre ... ed-11-25t/

by Weenie

Visit starbike.com Online Retailer for HighEnd cycling components
Great Prices ✓    Broad Selection ✓    Worldwide Delivery ✓

www.starbike.com

Guevarca

by Guevarca

Oh that cassette looks a good option, will see if any plans to get a U.K. distributor sometime.
Am still hopeful for a smaller cassette from Campag but seems quite unlikely.
Please let us know how you get in with it when you get the build done, cheers.